What are some settings you think would make for a decent sequel?

#1acolytesPosted 4/16/2012 3:30:44 PM
Some of mine:

Australia. I just watched The Proposition starring Guy Pearce the other night, and its story was similar to RDR's. A game set in 1800's Australia would provide various enviroments including swamps, mountain ranges, deserts, and maybe even some by the sea. In terms of dangerous wildlife...It's Australia. Poison snakes, Saltwater Crocodiles, Sharks, Dingos.

1800's Alaska. Game could feature vast plains and forests in the southern regions with the returning Grizzly Bears, Wolves, and Elk. Could add Moose, and have a fishing side activity with salmon. The northern regions could be near the Arctic Circle and include Polar Bears and Seals. Maybe have a gang of Inuits. Think of a story involving gold prospectors in Alaska. Only thing missing would be deserts, but I'm sure the game could make up for it.
---
"I want your blood...I want your souls...And I want 'em both, right now." - Johnny Ringo, Tombstone
#2Hotel_SecurityPosted 4/17/2012 10:14:51 AM
Pirates. ARRRR!
#3SymphonicRainPosted 4/18/2012 12:26:59 AM
Snakes are venomous.
---
Lord Gargalen once told me he hoped to die with a sword in his hand, to which I replied that I would sooner go with a breast in mine.
#4lemnlimePosted 4/19/2012 1:10:37 PM
You've got some good ideas there, acolytes. I agree with both. I could imagine, if set in Alaska, the very real possibility of freezing to death or running out of food. However, I doubt a posse of sled dogs would look very cool, LOL. I don't think RDR really lends itself to a sequel tho. They would probably just keep it in the old west if they did, b/c it wouldn't quite be RDR if it wasn't. Or maybe they'll do another silly spin-off (Red Dead Samurai, anyone?)
---
Q: Why did the spirit cross the road?
A: To get to "the other side"
#5acolytes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 1:50:22 PM
Well, Alaska and Australia both captured similar feelings to the American West in the 1800's, which is why I picked them. I don't think setting the game in a place like that would really off-set the mood.
---
"I want your blood...I want your souls...And I want 'em both, right now." - Johnny Ringo, Tombstone
#6gphjr14Posted 4/24/2012 12:09:22 AM
Landon Rickett prequel, its about the only way to retain the wild west theme. WW1 has already started and the game starts in the early 20th century.
---
"And now you know, and knowing is enough."- G.I. Jose
#7acolytes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 8:59:10 AM
I don't think playing as Landon Ricketts is the only way to keep the western feel. Coming up with a new character and setting it back in the 1800's would be fine.
---
#8acolytes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 2:46:13 PM
Also, I've been thinking about my original ideas and I think some of the hunting challenges would be great. Imagine taking out a saltwater crocodile with a knife? Hunting a polar bear with a spear? Take out a charging moose with one bullet?
---
#9mags_staffPosted 5/6/2012 2:46:20 PM
How about a game that ties Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Revolver together.

-
---
POTD- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
#10wesastro911Posted 5/6/2012 3:07:57 PM
Well not a sequel in the sense, but another Red Dead. Set it around the Civil War era in the south. So a city like New Orleans or Atlanta, riverboats, forts, Smoky Mountains, piney woods, swamps, etc... It would just be black bears instead of grizzlies. Also alligators, cougars, coyotes, jaguars, rattlesnakes, squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, possums, crocodiles (well there's some in Florida), bobcats, etc...

I know it really wouldn't be the "west" but who says Red Dead franchise has to keep to that. GTA: San Andreas brought in gangsta themes and Assassin's Creed III is taking place during Revolutionary War. Keep the same gameplay style of shooting, running, riding horses, hunting, etc... plus new features and it would be perfect.