Good locations for hunting strictly for selling hides for cash?

#1matthewdesalomePosted 7/7/2012 1:36:56 AM
Any good tips? I just started playing the game for a 2nd playthrough when I realized there was a Hardcore mode. I tend to spend more on resources and wouldn't mind a few good simple locations. I just got to Mexico but I am a still awhile from the Blackwater part of the map opening, hence Tall Trees isn't an option.
#2101TheBossPosted 7/7/2012 2:00:59 AM
Well, there's a glitch where you can get to Tall Trees.

Rio Bravo, but it's pretty dangerous, lol. You can also kill plenty of wolves in Mexico, which can net you alot of cash.
---
Not changing this signature until John Cena turns heel (Started on 4/29/2012).
#3matthewdesalome(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 2:18:58 AM
I don't mind dangerous, I would like to think I am decent enough to manage. As long as I could cover my dead eye refill and bait bills with an income on top of it. I have resorted to hunting birds. They're everywhere and in the process of me reading several garbage threads on hunting locations someone mentioned that someone they knew of had hear from a friend of theirs that a distant cousin of their second uncle removed heard about a thread that suggested hunting birds. Of course I found no such thread but the idea was solid.
#4checkmateIXXPosted 7/7/2012 2:32:21 AM(edited)
I just hunt at Tall Trees circling around Bearclaw camp since you can be safe there. That's where the money is at. Elks, beavers, bears, and wolves. I hate hunting anywhere else as it's so wide open and wolves can gang up on you which I hate.

A good place also is your very own home at Beecher's Hope. You can hunt foxes there.

But since you can't get there yet, just get a stagewagon during those random events, so it's much safer to hunt and you don't have to worry about your horse being mauled by cougars and wolves.
---
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl 11/26/07
PSN: Gargle_My_Marble
#5matthewdesalome(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 2:37:55 AM
101TheBoss posted...
Well, there's a glitch where you can get to Tall Trees.

I seen the Youtube walkthrough for that. Don't get me wrong, I am the guy that'll shoot you at the end of Undead Overrun on Multiplayer where the zombies are faster than greased lighting simply so I can get your gun and ammo so I last just a few minutes longer. After you had just friended me. Then we traded stories of our children. Then you told me about that time you experimented with your male roommate when you were drunk.. You cried. Then I turned my mic off and shot you in the back of the head and muted you so I didn't have to hear moan about it. Just playing through proper is fun at the moment.
#6matthewdesalome(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 2:48:08 AM
checkmateIXX posted...

But since you can't get there yet, just get a stagewagon during those random events, so it's much safer to hunt and you don't have to worry about your horse being mauled by cougars and wolves.

Thanks, I'll see if putting on bandana or however you spell it and stealing the transportation stagewagon will be quicker. Will give that a try in a few minutes. I can take my time and not spend my resources, just bullets.