UAV controls are backwards

#1JaredTheTwitchPosted 4/3/2010 12:11:04 PM
The controls for the UAV are backwards.

The controls work fine for helicopters (I made them reversed in the options) but it causes the UAV not to fly the way I want it to. Pushing forward on my causes the nose of the UAV to dip and vice versa. I like having my mouse movements be equivalent to the movements of the nose of the UAV and choppers. Anybody know how to fix this?
---
If you put children in a room without light, they will believe in monsters.
If you put men on a planet without science, they will believe in God.
#2Sir_Burpalot21Posted 4/3/2010 5:31:36 PM
You cant.
Try getting used to the default air controls.

The issue here is that the UAV doesn't control like a helicopter. It controls more like a floating turret.
The UAV floats around and your mouse controls a camera. The vehicle itself doesn't actually pitch.
Thus the camera on the UAV is similar to your normal view in turrets or on foot.

In contrast, the mouse controls pitch and roll of the helicopters.

View inversion for the UAV should have been put in the same category as land vehicles and turrets imo.
An oversight by DICE I guess.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#3moonrootPosted 4/3/2010 5:37:57 PM

What are the controls on heli? I'm one of those noobs that flips it over 2 seconds after takeoff b/c I just can't seem to get the hang of the control scheme... Is it mouse up dips the nose back? So if I inverted them, what would normally make me look down will also make the heli dip down?

#4ArthasRebornPosted 4/3/2010 6:09:25 PM

What are the controls on heli? I'm one of those noobs that flips it over 2 seconds after takeoff b/c I just can't seem to get the hang of the control scheme... Is it mouse up dips the nose back? So if I inverted them, what would normally make me look down will also make the heli dip down?

I believe by default, pulling back on your mouse brings the nose facing upward. Some people find it easier to invert it, like me.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/1zv769y.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/32znxno.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/4rrggy.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/af7sdj.jpg
#5KonovalevPosted 4/3/2010 6:09:59 PM
the trick to getting good in helis is using the arror keys instead of the mouse.

The arrow keys allow for continous input without having to whip your mouse all around.

and the helicopters in this game do not have the same level of precison that say BF2 did, so there is little if anything to gain from using mouse or even joystick.
#6moonrootPosted 4/3/2010 7:21:54 PM

When I take off I always look down as hard as I can w/ mouse and it still flips me over backward...same as if I try to look up, but I just flip faster lol

#7cs_mpPosted 4/3/2010 7:24:33 PM
Do you have a gamepad plugged in?

Maybe a gamepad or control is being pressed, unintentionally flipping you over?
#8moonrootPosted 4/3/2010 7:53:27 PM

Nope...it just seems like no matter what I do w/ my mouse it still goes back. I'll check the controls to make sure they're not bound to something else but I'm almost certain they're on default.

#9fire2boxPosted 4/3/2010 9:55:57 PM

W takes the helicopter up in the air.
D makes it go down.
I think A and D make it go left/right.

Then with the mouse, pushing it forward, tilts the helicopters noes downwards thus causing it to fly downwards, moving it backwards causes it ti pull up a tad but but it will then go crashing into the earth in a blaze of your stupidity.. then left and right will cause the chopper to tilt left/right.

In summary, the helicopter in BC2 is possibly the hardest thing to fly in any first person shooter, ever. But is very much worth the effort to master.. since if your team has a great pilot and a squad under his/her leadership.. the enemy team is going to be hurting.

Anyways a tip is to log into a emepty server with a helicopter on the map and just screw around with it. If you die, which you will. Just wait for the helicopter to respawn. After learning how to fly try landing the thing so you can go back for repairs and actually function as a troop carrier.
---
AMD X2 64 4200+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Disk Drive, 500 watt OCZ PSU, EVGA 8800 GT 512 MB of ram.
Pokemon Diamond FC:3007 5156 0663
#10KonovalevPosted 4/4/2010 3:52:20 PM
" the helicopter in BC2 is possibly the easiest thing to fly in any first person shooter, ever"

fix'd that for you.