Battlefield Bad Company 2 GUI Image problems.

#1Connolly20Posted 4/12/2010 3:03:17 PM
I downloaded Battlefield Bad Company 2 off of steam, and I have to say its a GREAT Game. I am meeting problems though, for story mode, and barley for online mode. Mostly the problems have to do with GUIs. Here is a list of problems I have with them, and some multilayer problems I have. Also, I know it can't be my computer causing the problems, because it is fully capable of every other game I have on the highest settings.

Story Mode: (Don't tell me its hardcore, because its on easy)
- The map GUI in the lower left corner sometimes is unreadable and it turn into a gray block, covering half the screen going out of the boundaries of the map GUI. It is transparent, but still annoying.
- When I pause the game into the pause screen it will either stay white, and flicker from what I was just seeing in-game. It will flicker black and white half over the option to quite game etc, and the map will most of the time completely vanish
- When I bring the cross-hair on enemies, and sometimes on items (weapons, etc...) It will half vanish, or disappear completely.
- Sometimes random white transparent bars will appear under the cross-hairs.
- I cannot see the ammo GUI in the lower right-hand corner sometimes, but most of the time I can.
- When I go to puke up a weapon the GUI will be messed up.
- When I go to pick something up, the GUI sometimes turns into random icons *Like the class icons, weapon icons, and car icons*

Multilayer Mode:
- Sometimes while playing the game randomly crashes, but not often.

All Modes:
- When I use the steam chat *Shift-Tab* and chat in it, sometimes my mouse/keyboard will be disconnected from the game when I go back to it. (This isn't a glitch probably)
- Random green and orange GUI in the upper left hand corner, not touching sides, a lot of campaign mode, almost none on multilayer.

If you need any screenshots, game footage, anything of the kind just ask me and tell me how to put it in a post *or this forum* and I will try and do it. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks for your help.
---
Zombies... I think I love anything that starts with the letter Z.
#2GoogelybarePosted 4/12/2010 3:21:16 PM
what is ur graphics card and does it work for other games

update ur graphic card drivers
#3CZVAPosted 4/12/2010 4:45:28 PM

This game has A LOT of bugs, glitches and GUI issues and Im very picky. I tend to notice these things very quickly but I have not encountered a single one of you problems.

Im thinking this has something to do with your GPU. Maybe drivers. Or maybe even a bad install but I doubt it. Reinstall the game as a last resort.

It might be a GPU issue because ATI users experience longer load times than Nvidia and some other ATI users. And there are some graphical bugs in the single player. MP has flashing textures and backgrounds. But again, I have not noticed a single one of your issues and Im very picky about these kinds of things.

What video card do you have?

#4Connolly20(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2010 6:44:35 PM
I do NOT Know how to update my drivers. I do know for a fact that my computer has enough capability to run this game to the fullest extent. Meaning at most of the highest options. My computer is barly four months old.
---
#5Darkness_HeirPosted 4/12/2010 6:51:14 PM

I do NOT Know how to update my drivers. I do know for a fact that my computer has enough capability to run this game to the fullest extent. Meaning at most of the highest options. My computer is barly four months old.

What? You can't tell how well a computer can run something simply by the age. You can guess but no more. Let's just assume since you can run it at high and you don't want to kill yourself because of low framerates, then what are your computer specs? I'd also assume since you don't know how to get drivers, you didn't build it yourself, probably.

But yes, the game can be a bit glitchy. Some pictures would be great, too.
---
Yeah I highly doubt anyone who uses GameFAQ's is a "gangsta". Hell I doubt more than half of them even own computers. ~0__q
#6CptAwsumPosted 4/12/2010 7:24:25 PM

All Modes:
- When I use the steam chat *Shift-Tab* and chat in it, sometimes my mouse/keyboard will be disconnected from the game when I go back to it. (This isn't a glitch probably)

I've been getting this recently too. Recently as in the past week. No idea why.
---
i5 750 | 4GB DDR3 | Radeon 5870 | WD 1TB | OCZ StealthXStream 600W | CM HAF 922 | Acer 22" 1680x1050 | 7 Ultimate x64
#7Connolly20(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2010 10:59:26 PM
"What? You can't tell how well a computer can run something simply by the age. You can guess but no more. Let's just assume since you can run it at high and you don't want to kill yourself because of low framerates, then what are your computer specs? I'd also assume since you don't know how to get drivers, you didn't build it yourself, probably."

Four months old meaning I get the semi latest computer gear, so i'm basically trying to say MY COMPUTER IS NOT A PEACE OF JUNK. I did not make it myself because I am not responsible enough to attempt it, I don't have the time, money or knowledge to do it myself.
Here are my computer specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Studio XPS 8000
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
Page File: 1844MB used, 14520MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

I shall post some pictures/video of what GUI/Game-play looks like. Where can I post the pictures to send links too? (I might just end up using Devin art.)
---
#8HR_JinxXPosted 4/12/2010 11:49:21 PM
This didn't list your video card. Right click on your desktop, click on properties. Go to the final tab labeled Settings and under the picture of the monitor read what it says under Display: (This is for windows XP way too tired to be thinking)

Also if your running the game on DX10 / DX11 lower it to DX9 and turn off Bloom to see if this works.

To do this go to C:\Documents and Settings\HRJinxX\My Documents\BFBC2 and find Settings.ini

Open that, scroll down til you find DXVersion=Auto and change that to DXVersion=9 you'll get a huge boost in FPS by doing this if you haven't already. Now Look for Bloom and Shut that Off if you hate bloom, tell me if any of this works.

Also for posting pics try TinyPic or Photobucket.
---
CZVA - "You people fail as consumers. Thats all I have to say."
Invisible Assassin - "You're not a consumer when it's FREE, genius."
#9Erik212Posted 4/12/2010 11:57:11 PM
The only bugs I've experienced are the random ctds. I have a favorite server list, so I never use the browser, and there are next to no ingame bugs for me other than the haphazard shotgun hit detection.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#10Connolly20(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2010 7:46:25 AM
"This didn't list your video card. Right click on your desktop, click on properties. Go to the final tab labeled Settings and under the picture of the monitor read what it says under Display: (This is for windows XP way too tired to be thinking)

Also if your running the game on DX10 / DX11 lower it to DX9 and turn off Bloom to see if this works.

To do this go to C:\Documents and Settings\HRJinxX\My Documents\BFBC2 and find Settings.ini

Open that, scroll down til you find DXVersion=Auto and change that to DXVersion=9 you'll get a huge boost in FPS by doing this if you haven't already. Now Look for Bloom and Shut that Off if you hate bloom, tell me if any of this works.

Also for posting pics try TinyPic or Photobucket."

I'm on windows 7. Do I don't have a left click Properties button. And I bought the game off Steam, so I STILL cant find these documents.

Video Card:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTS 240
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0607&SUBSYS_073610DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 494 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1007 MB
Shared Memory: 3582 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: 2330V
Monitor Id: AOC2330
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.15.0011.8627 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.11.8627
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/26/2009 15:01:00, 9476608 bytes
---