M95 One hit kill?

#1hadoken5Posted 4/26/2010 10:08:57 PM
I noticed this gun does not kill in one hit, making it almost completely useless, long reload times make it almost unbearable if you miss the headshot, it's accuracy is bad at long range, the only good thing is probably that the bullet drop is low, but it's still there, and perhaps the travel time is less. I don't understand why equipping magnum ammo would not make it a 1hit KO? Oh ya and what does the spotting scope attachment do?
#2Kosba_2142Posted 4/26/2010 10:10:55 PM
A. Recent patch nerfed all snipers to 50 damage at range (still 1hko close range)

B. auto spots within 45 feet i believe
---
"Never said it would be with men. Quite the contrary to answer you" ~The_short8
"OH YEAH!Now that's what I'm talkin' about!" ~Org_Moogle
#3hadoken5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2010 10:12:05 PM
so magnum ammo would have zero effect on long range targets? Would it make it more accurate?
#4warfreakPosted 4/26/2010 10:49:27 PM
It just does more damage, but no sniper will one hit kill unless you're in close range or you long distance headshot, which is hard enough as it is.
---
Your opinion on the subject matter has been noted, and has been summarily ignored and dismissed. Have a nice day. - RaptorLC
Bad Company 2 Name - warantisniper
#5Marley237Posted 4/26/2010 11:53:14 PM
Just as I was about to begin playing recon and messing with sniper rifles, they nerf it. Great...

Back to the other classes, I guess....

I hate using recon, so the M95 1hko body shot was something to aspire to...NO MORE.
---
'The surgeon performed a surgical exploration and saw that the mans injuries were incompatible with life.' ....O_o
#6NIHILI5TPosted 4/26/2010 11:58:11 PM
m95 is only good for shooting down UAV's, damaging helis now.
---
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr205/mhughet/mhughett_sig_003.png
#7Jabba da ButtPosted 4/27/2010 12:16:44 AM
Man up and play hardcore!
---
"I must beware of running off on my pet steed Tangent"
#8Bird_KillerPosted 4/27/2010 12:54:34 AM

For balance reasons, none of the sniper rifles are, nor should be, one-hit KO weapons. Yes the M95 fires .50 caliber rounds, and it at least deals some damage against light vehicles, especially to helicopters. If you want to complain about realism, how about DICE not include this weapon at all then?

#9metroid02Posted 4/27/2010 2:28:28 AM
I am curious how many of you actually played around for a few hours with the M95? Since the patch I have played 5 hours with it and I can safely say that even though the OHKO range was slightly reduced it is still a deadly weapon at medium range. Whereas the previous OHKO range was 40m (according to several posters on this board), now it feels more like 30m (when using the magnum ammo).
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#10JKLXPosted 4/27/2010 2:54:14 AM
No, it's not a deadly weapon at medium range, the kill range with the magnum bullets was reduced to 20meters, it makes all the difference, unless you wait someone around the corner it's not going to be effective, also UAV take two bullets to go down even with MB which is pretty ridiculous, with optics package was already hard enough and now you have to hit two bullets on it, this is BS, what kind of balance is this?