anyone else having connection problems w/ Battle for Earth server?

#1GreenLantern173Posted 7/21/2010 11:14:45 AM
Haven't been able to connect to it since earlier this week.
#2noname217Posted 7/22/2010 2:18:30 PM
me too i try to connect but it keeps saying "cannot connect to game server , try again later"
that sucks because i can connect to wifi with my other games but not this one.
---
Favorite DS game: Transformers WFC
#3GreenLantern173(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2010 3:02:44 PM
I hope that the VV people haven't taken it down, I just hit Level 12 & am trying to get to Level 13. The problem has been when I use my DS (fat). I'll try with my DSi & let you know what happens.
#4GreenLantern173(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 11:25:49 AM
Tried earlier with my DSi & got the same message ref the server. I'll try to look for an email address to contact the VV folks but I don't expect good news. I'll update here.
#5GreenLantern173(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 12:46:20 PM
My email to VV got bounced. I have thus sent an email to Activision instead after reading the FAQ:

I have tried to connect to the Battle For Earth Server & keep getting an error message. I have tried connecting both with a DS (1st gen) & DSi & with both systems, I receive this error message "cannot connect to game server, try again later". My cartridge is not damaged & neither are the 2 systems that I am using. I have tried contacting Vivacious Visions & the email was returned undelivered. Can someone look into correcting the server issue? Thanks!
#6GreenLantern173(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 1:45:06 PM
I have someone @ Activision Support looking into this under ref # 100723-000225. The rep 1st thought I was referring to Multiplayer Mode until I explained the issue is reference Battle For Earth mode.
#7GreenLantern173(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2010 3:28:06 PM
Here's the response that I got back:

"Hello again Peter,

The answer ID 13703 is referring to the game not loading at all. At the moment it seems we are having trouble logging into the DS Transformers site as well so we may be experiencing some technical difficulty at the moment which has not been addressed. We are currently looking into this.

However, if you are sure others are able to connect you may want to insure that you have the proper ports open for the DS and DSi to connect properly. For details about this please visit the link below,
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/index.jsp

Should you have any further need of assistance, feel free to contact us again via email or phone.

Thank you,

Activision Support"