Confused

#1douglaslortPosted 3/11/2012 6:17:40 AM
I'm in the beginning of the story, but I'm very confused with the mechanics of the game.

For example, I was doing the side mission "Lost". I found the Texas man and started to watch for his wife. When I found her, a cutscene with a guy in a bike started (like a boss challenge).

Well, then I was with two people to rescue and a boss to fight. The time counter for the mission Lost disappeared, and I don't know what to do.....Should I fight the boss?? Or should I take an alternate route to bring the two guys to the safe house?? If I do so, will I miss the boss fight??

Personally, I didn't like the fact you have time to do everything. I would prefer killing zombies peacefully while going to my objectives.....
---
It's very satisfying to see how hard work makes you a better hunter
#2AdamskiOcelotPosted 3/12/2012 3:59:49 PM
The time counter for 'lost' disappeared because you picked the girl up. Mission complete, now just get them back to the SH. You can try to fight Leon with the two in tow, but I would advise getting the PP for taking your survivors back to the SH instead, then go back for a mano-a-mano with bikeboy.

As far as the time restraints go, I hate to say it but... Get used to it or suffer. It will be like that throughout the entire game. It's a love or hate relationship with most players, I love it, but I can see how it would be annoying to others.

You can however choose to not complete missions, let Katey go without her Zombrex, the game does not end. This might be a better course of action for you...
---
<500 GB MECH_GOUKI WINS>
PSN: Adebizi23
#3douglaslort(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 4:41:40 AM
AdamskiOcelot posted...
You can however choose to not complete missions, let Katey go without her Zombrex, the game does not end. This might be a better course of action for you...

But I I do so, I'll pass the game "only" killing zombies, right??
---
#4AdamskiOcelotPosted 3/17/2012 7:39:17 PM
Survivors and psychos will still show, so you can go after them if you want. Your choice...
---
<500 GB MECH_GOUKI WINS>
#5douglaslort(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2012 6:47:26 PM
OK, thanks for the infos....

I'm heaving a bad time to deal with time in this game. It's difficult to do all the psychos, survivors and events.
---
#6AdamskiOcelotPosted 3/18/2012 7:53:56 PM
Just do what you can and level up. subsequent playthroughs will be easier / faster / better.
---
<500 GB MECH_GOUKI WINS>
#7InfectedgloryPosted 4/2/2012 4:19:53 PM
douglaslort posted...
OK, thanks for the infos....

I'm heaving a bad time to deal with time in this game. It's difficult to do all the psychos, survivors and events.

Look at berserker's guide. I personally make it my goal to save everyone and do the missions instead of killing zombies
#8Nemesis895Posted 4/15/2012 11:10:37 PM
Also, don't bother killing zombies to help level up, just rescue survivors and do some of the environmental things since most of of them can give between 1000 and 10k pp more, check the bonus PP guide!
#9EedrahPosted 4/15/2012 11:36:35 PM
It's virtually impossible to complete everything on your first playthrough, just focus on rescuing survivors at first, save the psycho battles for your second run when you're a higher lvl...
#10LordWombatPosted 4/25/2012 5:56:07 PM
Its nigh impossible to get everything w/ a fresh character in 1 playthrough?

Um... No its not.

I did just that and I got the game 5 days ago. Spent a lot of time on DR1 though...
---
PSN Lord_Wombat... "GAAH- Who smells like freaking porpoise hork?"
- Mom