Does anyone else not want Capcom to listen to their fans?

#21NinjamiroquaiPosted 2/9/2009 5:22:47 PM
I want Co-Op. Besides it's trendy right now, and they even put it in RE5. There's a lot of things I want from DR2, I hope this game always stays about zombies though.
---
GT - Tyrant Dragon
"Shhh... My common sense is tingling!" - Deadpool
#22solidinePosted 2/9/2009 5:38:03 PM
No. The first game was a solid beginning, now they need to take it to the limit.
(LIMIIIIIIIIIIT!)

Seriously, if there's no multiplayer, then it's pretty much just expanded content. I don't want more of the same. I want a similar game, with new features that I can play with friends.
#23fire_addict(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2009 5:40:13 PM
Well I guess the only bright side is by me having such low expectations for the future of the franchise maybe I won't be dissapointed.
---
Last 1000 - Dead Rising. Focused on - Lego Indiana Jones
www.fanfiction.net/~graveyarddenial - Zelda Fanfic
#24Flash 103Posted 2/9/2009 6:06:40 PM
Well I guess the only bright side is by me having such low expectations for the future of the franchise maybe I won't be dissapointed.

Yes, that's always the best way to go, to be quite honest. I'm always looking at the negatives in my mind of what could be of a game... that way, you can't go wrong! If it sucks, hey, you called it! If it's great, then wonderful! Enjoy the game!

While I am at the moment very excited for DR2, I'm still very concerned about what could be... I keep getting this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something is gonna go wrong and the game is going to suck and blow at once... >_>
---
"I did nothing, here's my check for doing nothing, and now it's time to enjoy the finer things in life."
#25UncleWeskerPosted 2/9/2009 6:12:27 PM
and the game is going to suck and blow at once... >_>

That actually sounds nice.
#26Flash 103Posted 2/9/2009 6:14:52 PM
That actually sounds nice.

If you think that defying the laws of physics or whatever and asploding the universe is nice, then sure! :P
---
"I did nothing, here's my check for doing nothing, and now it's time to enjoy the finer things in life."
#27fire_addict(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2009 6:21:03 PM
Dude, that's like negative air pressure. If a girl ever actually tried to BLOW. That'd be uncomfortable, sir.
---
Last 1000 - Dead Rising. Focused on - Lego Indiana Jones
www.fanfiction.net/~graveyarddenial - Zelda Fanfic
#28NinjaWallacePosted 2/9/2009 7:02:28 PM
There will be co-op, I can guarantee it. However, I trust Capcom enough to impliment it succesfully without ruining any other faction of the game. If anything, it should be significantly easier to impliment than in a game like Resident Evil 5. I'm not worried.
#29usmovers_02Posted 2/9/2009 7:36:17 PM
I am of the mind that ADDITIONS and extra OPTIONS are always a plus to any game. So long as the additions don't effect the core game things like more weapons, cheats, multiplayer, ect ect, are GOOD for the game because they bring in more people. If you don't want to use them you don't have to.

Games that claim to listen to there fans often times end up completely overhauling the game for better or worse. The Far Cry and Need for Speed franchises are good examples of this. The fist Far Cry went for a more sci-fi feel and had weapon placement in the map editor. The sequel went for ultra realism for the most part and had class based multiplayer. The change (while addmitedly sometimes for the better) is jarring and often times doesn't fit the feel of the original.

The need for speed franchise has "listened to there fans" MANY times in the past and as a result has COMPLETELY overhauled the franchise at least 5 times (maybe 6 depending on how the new one works out). The end result for me at least is that I've completely lost interest.

For the new Dead Rising I WANT to keep things the way they were. I WANT the garbage save system (I've always been a hater of it but have always said it should stay), I WANT the clausterphobic feel, I WANT the ugly less than perfect characters. I really don't want to see any major changes to the gameplay (besides the resque missions which should stay but need to improve).

The only real gameplay changes I want are small tweaks that improve the systems already inplace. However, I'd also like to see things that I personally wouldn't use like multiplayer make the cut too because it isn't required for me to use them and it will make somebody else that much more likely to get the game. And whats more likely to happen if more people get the game? DEAD RISING 3!!!!!
---
POPULOUS: TRIBAL CONQUEST. Fan made sequel to Populous: The Beginning. Check it out at: http://poptc.wildman-productions.org/index.php