this game will b a let down if

#1snowman0123Posted 2/9/2009 11:49:34 PM
frank west is not the main character:(
---
GT: weeman1991
#2TDT912Posted 2/10/2009 12:08:09 AM
Haven't they already said he isn't, or has their been no details on that yet.
#38bitnemesisPosted 2/10/2009 12:35:36 AM
Yeah, they've said that the main character isn't Frank West.
---
"He could think in italics. Such people need watching. Preferably from a safe distance." -Men at Arms
#4jago107Posted 2/10/2009 12:49:31 AM
Frank's overrated.

Anyone who is more worried about taking pictures with their camera or filming video in the middle of a zombie outbreak needs to be shot. Have you ever seen the movie "The Zombie Diaries"? If you haven't, I'll give you the gist of the movie. Four separate diaries are recorded on film of four separate groups that get caught in a zombie outbreak in England. They're all Brits, obviously, and every group each has it's own camera guy who basically does nothing but film everything that happens without lifting a finger to actually kill zombies. Which is the only real problem with the movie itself. Other than that, it's actually a pretty good movie. I won't spoil anything, but that's the basic gist of the movie. It's basically like watching the Blair Witch Project, same perspective, just no witch and zombies instead, and way better.
---
"I'm Phil Ken Sebben, and I approve this message." - Phil Ken Sebben.
#5xueliPosted 2/10/2009 2:15:38 AM
Using the camera is optional, and besides, Frank's profession is a journalist. And there's one difference between those camera guys who didn't lift a finger to help in the movies and Frank, is that the player controls Frank's choices! Whether to save other people or just take pictures or save people AND take pictures.
#6gambit444Posted 2/10/2009 7:34:45 AM
This has NOT been confirmed. there are picks of grainey gameplay featuring frank in a giant hamster ball though. most are wishing for some kind of coop.
---
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Samuel Johnson
#7krimzonryu921Posted 2/10/2009 9:42:27 AM
jago, watch the George A. Romero "Zombie Diaries" I believe it's called. Group of kids trying to make a movie for a class, a Zombie come... It shows them videotaping(In fact, a good portion of the movie is from one of the main characters cameras), but they kill...

But I do agree.. While Frank was fun for awhile, he just doesn't need to come back.. I think he's out of one liners now...
---
War is upon us, my brothers and sisters... Also, I accidentally killed Dave... Someone needs to round up the Republic...- Me in the Drug-Addled Crime thread
#8UncleWeskerPosted 2/10/2009 1:05:05 PM
People really disliked Frank before the game came out. Give the new guy a chance.
#9promist_landPosted 2/10/2009 1:55:06 PM
I'm actually kind of disapointted that you don't play as Frank in DR2. I mean I'm still pumped for the game, but I just wish you played as Frank. I've noticed when it comes to these kind of topics, most posters don't even like the main character.
---
I"m planning on changing my sig. Any ideas?
#10TheCaveRatPosted 2/10/2009 2:03:58 PM
I don't mind not playing Frank West. Sure he was pretty cool but I don't mind some change.