Dead Rising 3 should be set in.......

#21CensorErikPosted 11/9/2012 12:00:31 AM
Natsume_Tien7 posted...
CensorErik posted...
How about a cruise ship? Or a Disneyland style theme park? Or a huge train station like Grand Central Station?

Maybe a small island, with several indoor areas so it doesn't seem like another zombie game?

I think a recent Resident Evil for DS or 3DS was on a cruise ship

They had the small theme park in DR: OTR, if Capcom rehash that idea people may think they are lazy (if they don't already)

A huge train station seems interesting, but it also sounds like it could end up being pretty one-dimensional in terms of various locations to visit within.

Dead Island fits the bill of your last description pretty nicely.

Dead Island is exactly what I refering to ;)

I don't think it's too big a deal if Capcom rehashes or reuses ideas from RE for DR3. They're different games altogether. Heck, I love both, but they're not the same style of games at all. Dead Rising has it's rpg elements, the case files, survivors, psychos, and interesting characters, PLUS weapon creation with the whole combo mechanic.

RE games are geared more towards action games recently.

Besides, a DS game or even 3DS shouldn't affect what games are made for PS3, 360, or PC.
---
Go Rams!
My grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch.
#22dtmrPosted 11/12/2012 5:11:19 PM
Resident Evil Gaiden was set on a cruise ship. Barry was a playable character. It was on the Gameboy Color.
Santa Cabeza would be like a small scale Rio De Janeiro with a Phenotrans super-lab built underneath. The surface town would have a lot of shops and apartment buildings with less flashy items. In the super-lab you'd find the more high-tech stuff like HDTVs and stuff. There would also be a living quarter in the lab. Kinda of thinking something like a hybrid of Case: West and Case: Zero.
Story would play something like... um... Frank West wants to get the scoop on the origin of the wasps.... Santa Cabeza should be the only place where these wasps appear in the wild. I don't know why I think that, but the game presents no other reason for me to think that.....
I dunno. Sounds cool to me.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#23CensorErikPosted 11/12/2012 11:40:30 PM
dtmr posted...
Resident Evil Gaiden was set on a cruise ship. Barry was a playable character. It was on the Gameboy Color.
Santa Cabeza would be like a small scale Rio De Janeiro with a Phenotrans super-lab built underneath. The surface town would have a lot of shops and apartment buildings with less flashy items. In the super-lab you'd find the more high-tech stuff like HDTVs and stuff. There would also be a living quarter in the lab. Kinda of thinking something like a hybrid of Case: West and Case: Zero.
Story would play something like... um... Frank West wants to get the scoop on the origin of the wasps.... Santa Cabeza should be the only place where these wasps appear in the wild. I don't know why I think that, but the game presents no other reason for me to think that.....
I dunno. Sounds cool to me.

This sounds cool to me too, but maybe as a couple of downloadable arcade games. I'm not sure how Santa Cabeza would really work as a sequel to DR and DR2. We've kinda already gotten the info needed about Santa Cabeza.

I guess they could always do a prequel, but I would prefer a sequel. At any rate, I will buy whatever they put out next. I love the play mechanics and the characters. Capcom pretty much has guaranteed sales, from me, with anything labeled Dead Rising.
---
Go Rams!
My grandfather, on his deathbed, sold me this watch.
#24magnusmagneticPosted 11/17/2012 4:54:05 AM
CensorErik posted...
Disneyland style theme park

I like this idea.

Theme park carnival type setting would too much fun...So many options and silly ways to kill zombies....
#25northshirePosted 12/5/2012 9:21:03 AM
Disney Land style theme park sounds like a DLC pack or something for some reason.
---
I ran a ****ing three minute fifty-eight second mile today - N1nty
I drove and it took me less than 30 seconds. Your way is horribly inefficient. - witty_name
#26CensorErikPosted 12/11/2012 11:33:51 PM
northshire posted...
Disney Land style theme park sounds like a DLC pack or something for some reason.

Prolly because the idea might get old after a while and it'd be hard to mainyain any freshness throughout a whole game. Whereas a DLC game would be short enough to keep things interesting.
---
I used to be a great athlete-I was All-Schoolyard.
Not changing this sig until the next Dead Rising game is released. Started 11/26/12