wHy ArE AlL tHe DeadRising's HaVe A TimE LimIT

#11legendX66Posted 9/2/2012 9:26:46 PM(edited)
Infectedglory posted...
legendX66 posted...
not sure if trolling or stupid...

Hey Legend its been a while seeing you on anything Dead Rising related. Are you still looking for achievements? I've already finished everything and with school starting my time is very limited now.

lol yes I have a bad habit of dropping off radar randomly sometimes(side effect of owning dozens of games and loving most of them).I am still looking (we need to play cw and finish it etc lol) anytime certainly no rush lol. :P see you around.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#12InfectedgloryPosted 9/3/2012 9:24:43 AM
legendX66 posted...
Infectedglory posted...
legendX66 posted...

Hey Legend its been a while seeing you on anything Dead Rising related. Are you still looking for achievements? I've already finished everything and with school starting my time is very limited now.

lol yes I have a bad habit of dropping off radar randomly sometimes(side effect of owning dozens of games and loving most of them).I am still looking (we need to play cw and finish it etc lol) anytime certainly no rush lol. :P see you around.

Lol me too XD My Left 4 Dead close friends and I have basically permanently disbanded. I mysteriously left Mariowiki after 2 years of big contributing and making close acquaitances, left youtube after making a huge video that has 900,000 views and most importantly I switched schools leaving and forgetting about my best friends despite them remembering me... But I usually finish what I started before leaving though.
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.| You've gotta be willing to risk it all if you're. ever. Really. Gonna. WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!
#13legendX66Posted 9/3/2012 4:31:34 PM
Infectedglory posted...
legendX66 posted...
Infectedglory posted...
legendX66 posted...

Lol me too XD My Left 4 Dead close friends and I have basically permanently disbanded. I mysteriously left Mariowiki after 2 years of big contributing and making close acquaitances, left youtube after making a huge video that has 900,000 views and most importantly I switched schools leaving and forgetting about my best friends despite them remembering me... But I usually finish what I started before leaving though.

god I just switched games for awhile. -_- lol
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#14paulguyPosted 9/18/2012 10:39:40 PM
Why does your topic have all those stupid caps??
---
Mass Effect 3 is one hell of a game!!
#15Ih8uguysPosted 9/24/2012 12:37:24 AM
Time limit yeah, but you don't need to do any of the cases you can fail them and kill zombies randomly, it's what I did on the first dead rising to get the zombie genocide achievement and just for fun. I never even played the "infinite mode" You get quite a few hours of real time before the military arrives.
---
I'm not your buddy, guy.
#16InfectedgloryPosted 9/24/2012 2:16:43 PM
Ih8uguys posted...
Time limit yeah, but you don't need to do any of the cases you can fail them and kill zombies randomly, it's what I did on the first dead rising to get the zombie genocide achievement and just for fun. I never even played the "infinite mode" You get quite a few hours of real time before the military arrives.

If you've played more than 1 playthrough the time limits part of the charm. This game and the first one would get boring fast without the survivors to rescue and things to do. And actually if you've planned things out you can have some time to screw around. In Dead Rising 1 you have about 10 in game hours at the end of 72-hour mode with nothing to do and in overtime theres 24 hours and you can get done collecting in about 8.

In DR2 theres about 9 hours at the end of 72 hour mode if you delay the Sullivan fighting and a couple of hours on day 2 too.
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.| You've gotta be willing to risk it all if you're. ever. Really. Gonna. WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!
#17ZeratulthekingPosted 9/26/2012 8:49:44 AM
Infectedglory posted...
Ih8uguys posted...

If you've played more than 1 playthrough the time limits part of the charm. This game and the first one would get boring fast without the survivors to rescue and things to do. And actually if you've planned things out you can have some time to screw around. In Dead Rising 1 you have about 10 in game hours at the end of 72-hour mode with nothing to do and in overtime theres 24 hours and you can get done collecting in about 8.

In DR2 theres about 9 hours at the end of 72 hour mode if you delay the Sullivan fighting and a couple of hours on day 2 too.

There is a lot more than 9 hours of free time in DR2: http://deadrisingwiki.com/wiki/Missions

I had 3 hours staight of nothing to do and was able to clear out the first floor of the first area after the safe house of all zombies literally. I still had 5 minutes to wait when I finished.
#18InfectedgloryPosted 9/26/2012 1:17:09 PM
Zeratultheking posted...
Infectedglory posted...
Ih8uguys posted...

There is a lot more than 9 hours of free time in DR2: http://deadrisingwiki.com/wiki/Missions

I had 3 hours staight of nothing to do and was able to clear out the first floor of the first area after the safe house of all zombies literally. I still had 5 minutes to wait when I finished.

That page is the internet page I've visited the most this entire year. However since it takes so long to travel around the map usually the biggest free time you get is during day 2's morning (if you finish 3-1 fast enough) and the entire day 4. Doing the entire overtime gets you about 3-4 hours ingame left. But maybe its because I spend so much time making alot of combo weapons while simulteanously doing every mission :)

Also the safe house Poker takes a long time though: at MINIMUM 4 hours and I always include that for my playthroughs. Also recently I've been doing all the movies too and from 1-9 there are movies and one from 12-2.
---
#19ZeratulthekingPosted 9/27/2012 4:52:21 AM
The safehouse mission is only needed if you want to get arthur's helmet. There are better ways to get money that aren't as time consuming.

You also don't need to kill zombies only the ones that get in your way even then just jump over them. Quickstep also makes getting to cases simple and gives you a lot of extra time. Only thing I really made was knife gloves which you can make either as you leave the safehouse or as you come back, and I only use them on psychos which prevents the need to do it a lot.
#20InfectedgloryPosted 9/27/2012 2:48:52 PM
Zeratultheking posted...
The safehouse mission is only needed if you want to get arthur's helmet. There are better ways to get money that aren't as time consuming.

You also don't need to kill zombies only the ones that get in your way even then just jump over them. Quickstep also makes getting to cases simple and gives you a lot of extra time. Only thing I really made was knife gloves which you can make either as you leave the safehouse or as you come back, and I only use them on psychos which prevents the need to do it a lot.

Um I've got every achievement and perfect runned this game about 20 times now. I don't need the suggestions lol I've known about them 2 months after I've gotten the game but I appreciate the thought.

The reason I do the safe house missions is because I like to do "perfect"runs. All missions done and all movies watched. I do it even though I've been level 50 since forever.

And I kill the zombies because theres just an aura of wanting to kill them and when I get by a maintenance room i always think "eh, might as well use it while I'm here".
Also no, jumping by them is far inferior to simply pushing by them. Its not like the first dead rising where pushing on them will just get you bitten. DR2 has them stop for quite a while before attacking.
Quicksteps are absolutely not needed for me. I already know the spawn times for every mission by heart and I've had a recurring schedule for a long time and knife gloves like the Small Chainsaw is way too easy after you've played the game so many times. In fact the fun thing now is killing bosses with weird weapons like killing antoine with a gem blower, killing Brandon with a fire sword, trading shots with Seymour, and killing TK with a pylon/the TIR moosehead.
---
More topics from this board...
List of Free Zombrex LocationsJ2DK248/16 5:32AM