wHy ArE AlL tHe DeadRising's HaVe A TimE LimIT

#21ZeratulthekingPosted 9/28/2012 5:11:49 AM
Ok first off drop your ego out the door. I wasn't attacking you at all, I was merely stating that your amount of "free time" you have is wrong, period.

What you view as a perfect run and what you have to do to get all survivors are two different scenarios and I as clarifying that the time was off based on what you need to do all survivors and do the cases.

Secondly I don't care how much you've memorized it, doesn't mean there are other ways to do it. And Running straight through a crowd of zombies will get you bitten no matter how you slice it. Going around them sure you can avoid the grabs. Going for the door with 30+ zombies in front of it, yeah your jumping through that, killing them or wasting time luring them away from the door.
#22InfectedgloryPosted 9/28/2012 2:50:30 PM
Zeratultheking posted...
Ok first off drop your ego out the door. I wasn't attacking you at all, I was merely stating that your amount of "free time" you have is wrong, period.

What you view as a perfect run and what you have to do to get all survivors are two different scenarios and I as clarifying that the time was off based on what you need to do all survivors and do the cases.

Secondly I don't care how much you've memorized it, doesn't mean there are other ways to do it. And Running straight through a crowd of zombies will get you bitten no matter how you slice it. Going around them sure you can avoid the grabs. Going for the door with 30+ zombies in front of it, yeah your jumping through that, killing them or wasting time luring them away from the door.

All survivors does not equal all missions. And if you're a perfectionist you'd want to do them. (If you're not I fail to see how the time limit would effect you as you can just ignore it then). And for your second paragraph did you mean doesn't mean there aren't? because it doesn't make sense otherwise. And of course theres better ways but throughout my time spent on Dead Rising 2 the time thats best for me works, sure there are other ways but I'm sticking with mine.
Edit : nvm your response doesn't make sense anyways. I said I memorized it so I don't need the quicksteps. Your response doesn't fit in any context.

And finally no you're absolutely wrong about jumping past them. Have you read Berserker's guide? Chuck will stop for a second before just simply pushing past a group of zombies. You don't have to jump/kill them. It'll just act as if you've had a survivor on you and they'll be stunned for a second (this can be seen with the cyborg outfit on Off the Record). This is completely different from Dead Rising 1 where zombies WILL grab you and bite you but the zombie AI in DR2 is ALOT dumber and ALOT slower that pushing past them will always succeed unless they were one of the sprinter zombies and were already running for you. The push past tactic even works on gas zombies but with alot more risky. Jumping is far inferior because you can still get hurt by the zombie swaps/failed grabs. Its actually because of the slower zombie AI. they only start lunging after about 2 seconds of seeing you and if you jump they'll hit you because thats when they start the lunge. Jumping also gets you into a viable spot for zombies you land near to bite you. I think you're mistaking this game's AI for DR1's zombie AI. In that game zombie lunges can't even hurt you when you're jumping unlike here hence why jumping is the most popular tactic for DR1.

And when you're near a door its best to Dodge Roll to it because jumping again will probably get you hit by a stray lunge (of course that hit does miniscule damage but still)
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.| You've gotta be willing to risk it all if you're. ever. Really. Gonna. WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!
#23ZeratulthekingPosted 10/1/2012 10:21:00 AM
You said you had a "Perfect Game" I merely said each person has their own version of one. Thus you are now changing your story from all cases to only survivors suddenly on your "Perfect Game" that you do.

You clearly have an issue if someone disagrees with you at any degree. And the only thing that doesn't make sense in my reply is that I typed as instead of "was" because I didn't re-read it after posting.

As for your great "push" technique if it was so great why does no other faq even mention it or even shown on youtube at all? In the faq it even mentions that jumping is a good tactic to use to get away from zombie attacks.

And I said quicksteps as it would A increase the free time you posted originally from doing everything. As well as saying that your amount of free time was wrong. You can easily have 1-2 hour chunks of time for 3 hour breaks from the start of 1 case/surivor to the next. I played co-op with someone where we both finished all achievements and literally just spent 5-10 real life minutes killing zombies after a set of cases each time we played. But whatever you clearly have your own view of how a "Perfect Game" is so I'll leave it at that, your right I'm wrong I don't really care as you have you ego to worry about.
#24InfectedgloryPosted 10/1/2012 1:13:10 PM
Zeratultheking posted...
You said you had a "Perfect Game" I merely said each person has their own version of one. Thus you are now changing your story from all cases to only survivors suddenly on your "Perfect Game" that you do.

You clearly have an issue if someone disagrees with you at any degree. And the only thing that doesn't make sense in my reply is that I typed as instead of "was" because I didn't re-read it after posting.

As for your great "push" technique if it was so great why does no other faq even mention it or even shown on youtube at all? In the faq it even mentions that jumping is a good tactic to use to get away from zombie attacks.

And I said quicksteps as it would A increase the free time you posted originally from doing everything. As well as saying that your amount of free time was wrong. You can easily have 1-2 hour chunks of time for 3 hour breaks from the start of 1 case/surivor to the next. I played co-op with someone where we both finished all achievements and literally just spent 5-10 real life minutes killing zombies after a set of cases each time we played. But whatever you clearly have your own view of how a "Perfect Game" is so I'll leave it at that, your right I'm wrong I don't really care as you have you ego to worry about.

What?! YOU'RE the one that said all survivors. The perfect game is with ALL missions and ALL cases done and for ME all posters spray painted and all movies watched. I thought cases was an automatic given for a perfect game.

Also i'm starting to wonder if the reason you have so many time is because you don't even do stuff like doing all missions/doing all cases at the same time. Of course you'd have TONS of time if you stop one of those but then its not the perfect playthrough.
Also I think you're completely misunderstanding my posts. I said the reason why I thought I might not have alot of free time was BECAUSE I kept on wasting time goofing around killing zombies while doing cases. I acknowledged that you would have more free time. And of course quicksteps make it easier, I'm just saying quicksteps are completely unnesscary. You have plenty of time without any quicksteps.

Also for the pushing thing thats pretty much common knowledge. Any walkthrough would have them avoiding zombies/pushing past them (as in the intro) and not constantly jumping every second unlike Dead Rising 1 where people did jump every second.
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.| You've gotta be willing to risk it all if you're. ever. Really. Gonna. WIN BIG!!!!!!!!!
#25ZeratulthekingPosted 10/3/2012 12:38:07 PM
I looked in the other FAQs on this site, none of them listed it. Also googled it and looked in youtube. The technique you mention only exists in that faq from what I see. Feel free to post a link that proves me wrong. So that isn't common knowledge if it is on one source and has nothing to backup its claim.