A couple quick question from a 1st time DR2 player....

#1CrueDudePosted 8/30/2012 9:49:09 AM
When i first go into the game and press start at the "Press Start" screen it's a few seconds before the "Loading content" box appears onscreen and the same thing when im in the game and save, it's a few seconds before the "Save" box appears. It's almost like it freezes for a few seconds, but i don't think that's what actually happens, it just seems like it, maybe it's just slow to show it or something. Just wondering if this is normal or could i have a faulty/defective disc?

And in game it seems like the movement (be it the jogging/running or whatever) is generally slower than in the first game and at times seems like it lags for a second or 2. Is this normal (perhaps the result of DR2 using a different or modified engine) or not?

I know perhaps these questions are a bit silly or trivial, but i just wanted to make sure everything was working as it should with the game, and if not, ill go out and get another copy. Thanks for the help.
#2weirddummyPosted 8/31/2012 1:08:37 PM
Like the first game, your speed goes up as you level up. If you're having major lag or glitches, you probably have a bad disc. I've yet to see any obvious glitches, and I'm down to five achievements left. Hope this helps.
---
GT: Carl Burfurkle
#3CrueDude(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2012 2:31:06 PM
weirddummy posted...
Like the first game, your speed goes up as you level up. If you're having major lag or glitches, you probably have a bad disc. I've yet to see any obvious glitches, and I'm down to five achievements left. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess there aren't any actual problems with the game play itself and all. Now that ive played it more and seen some videos online, i think that it may be that the game play in DR2 is a bit slower than in the 1st game, if you know what i mean. I've read DR2 used a modified (or something) version of the engine used for the 1st game. Every once in a while it'll lag for a second or 2, but i think that's probably because of all the zombies and so much going on screen.

I'm still not sure about the saving & loading screens though. Be it at the "Press Start" screen or in the game at the "Save" or "Load" game screens, again, it takes like 3-4 seconds or so for the little grey box to actually appear after i hit the button to save or load. I don't know whether it's the disc or whether it's the Xbox, but from the videos ive seen online, it should be quicker in showing up. I've read that if you install the game on your hard drive, the load times are quicker, so maybe the videos ive seen are from people who have done that, i don't know. It doesn't really affect the game or anything, but it bugs me. I guess ill live with it though, as i don't wanna go spend money on another copy of the game just to find out that it was the Xbox.

Anyways, thanks again for the reply. I didn't mean to rant, lol.
#4weirddummyPosted 9/7/2012 6:42:10 AM
No problem. The load and save screen lag is pretty normal. Same thing for when you select your storage device. And it will definitely lag when there's "a lot" of zombies. If you go for the Zombie Genocide Master achievement, be prepared to see lag often.
---
#5weirddummyPosted 9/7/2012 6:42:55 AM
Also, if you have any interest in doing the co-op achievements, let me know. They're two of the only three I have left to do on this game.
---
#6ZeratulthekingPosted 9/7/2012 7:02:37 AM
The only lag I've ever seen is the delay in loading screens vs the 1st game. I've never had it lag while walking through an area or driving the cars.
Only time it actually lagged was when I killed 99% of the zombies on 1 floor of the first area with a car. It actually started lagging trying to catch up to respawning the zombies.