How do I pass time?

#1ShidoPosted 10/26/2012 6:14:00 PM
I got this game without a manual. My first mission I finished at 4:57am. Got back to Katey at 5:21am. Now I have hours to wait before I can give Katey her meds. How do I pass time other then just letting my game sit idle?
---
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs and prejudices.
#2legendX66Posted 10/27/2012 2:09:04 PM
do something else in game.
---
legendX66-Ten Tails H4X and Troll H4X Sexy secretary of Haxem Rangers
Thinking is the hardest kind of work, which is probably why so few engage in it.
#3WandrianPosted 10/28/2012 10:18:47 AM
-Try clearing another mission that's nearby and doesn't sound like it involves a psycho.
-Rescue someone else.
-Stock up on supplies, get your beer hats and magazines.

-Kill a bunch of zombies. PP doesn't grow on trees, afterall(though growing on zombies is kinda gross if you think about it).

-Find a gift for Katey.
-Find some kooky way to gain more PP, like going down a slide or going to a peep show.
-Test some ideas for combo weapons if you're playing without a list of possibilities.
-Find posters to vandalize.
-Grind towards another cheevo.
---
Dislcaimer: sharing an opinion or offering advice is in no way a statement of belief in personal greatness.
#4Shido(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2012 6:59:56 AM
Okay, thanks. I didn't realize that this game was open world and all. Didn't know much about it when I bought it, other then the fact that I like killing Zombies (and that's all I needed to know LOL). I honestly didn't know that I have 72 hours to finish everything. I thought the game was just saying that.
---
Opinions aren't excuses to remain ignorant about subjects, nor are they excuses to never examine one's beliefs and prejudices.
#5SiLVeR_420Posted 11/5/2012 5:46:47 AM
There's a theater in the platinum strip where you can pass time.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#6ZeratulthekingPosted 11/6/2012 2:10:01 PM
You have 72 hours per playthrough, though all your experience stays with you if you die and have to restart. Or if you beat the game the same thing you keep your level/stats.

Achievement stats do not carry over playthroughs so you have to do them in one run. There are a few I would dedicate strictly to its own playthrough so you have time to do it.

Others such as art collector can be done in normal playthrough but not while trying to do another achievement. There are tons of guides to show you which you can do at the same time.

You also can create any combo weapon at anytime, and you don't need the Combo card to create it, you just get less PP per kill if you don't have the card.
#7rodman870Posted 11/7/2012 7:06:55 AM
I think you're the one person that has too much time in dead rising.

Hell there's never enough time whenever I do a playthrough.
---
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco, then a burrito. Get it right people...
#8ZeratulthekingPosted 11/7/2012 7:24:59 AM
rodman870 posted...
I think you're the one person that has too much time in dead rising.

Hell there's never enough time whenever I do a playthrough.

That's because I have a set goal in mind when I do a playthrough. If I want the stickers that's all I do. If I want all survivors I go for that, etc.

This game was made to be played multiple times through and shouldn't be viewed as a 6 RL hour must do everything in that time. There is also a lot of breaks between survivors, my runthrough for co-op I would literally be sitting there for 5-10 minutes waiting until the next case/survivor/psycho started at least 1-2x in game days.

Its all about time management, if you plan where the route is you will always have extra time, if you mess around you won't its really that simple.