Dead rising 2 or Off the Record

#1loganphoenixPosted 6/22/2013 1:05:50 AM
So I loved the first game, played it several times over. Sadly when the second one came out I didn't get a chance to play it too much, I'm in the military and played it once until I had to pack it up due to moving and by the time I was able to play again, it got lost in my backlog. When I got back into it, I got to the boss fight with the two girls and after several tries moved on to another game. A few months ago I popped it in and surprisingly beat that boss fight with ease, but again it got lost in the shuffle.

I felt like 2 was harder than the first game and almost seemed to want you to focus more on the side missions and grinding levels your first play through, or honestly I could have just been trying to rush through a few years ago.

I did get a chance to play Off the Record once and it seemed like with sandbox mode and some other features it would be a lot of fun.

So I plan on picking one of these games up soon (on ps3, my Xbox is on its last leg) and I was wondering which game is the better out of the 2? Which game has the most replay? I should also say that while the trailer or dead rising 3 has peaked my interest, I'm not as worried about off the record not being cannon, I don't plan on jumping to the next gen for at least a year, and haven't decided which system to go with, so DR3 might not even be an issue.

Thanks for any help
#2loganphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 12:15:13 AM
Bump
#3clownygrinPosted 7/8/2013 3:15:56 PM
I say Off The Record. It brings back Frank as the main character, and honestly I think it would have been a cooler canon story xD (no offense to Chuck). PLUS theres that awesome sandbox mode that has co-op, although I do wish they had brought back Infinity mode. REALLY looking forward to Dead Rising 3, hope they add all these cool modes.
#4CensorErikPosted 7/29/2013 1:34:17 AM
I love both of these games, so I'm having a hard time picking one over the other to suggest. However, I will say this, I liked the story and layout better in DR2, perhaps because I played it so much before OTR came out, but I loved sandbox mode in OTR. Both games have their selling points. Both are good fun in the DR universe. I suppose since you've played DR2, and you know how much you liked it, then you may as well pick up OTR. If for no other reason than it'll be new to you.

tl;dr OTR I guess.
---
"In recognition of your overwhelming victory, let's call it a draw." Zapp Brannigan
Game I most look forward to this year: Dead Rising 3
#5OllyKiriyamaPosted 7/31/2013 9:37:41 AM
Get Off The Record, DR2 is free next month.
---
Xbox Live/PSN: OllyKiriyama
Steam ID: mini_gimli