couple questions ?

#1magiceddie05Posted 6/13/2009 7:07:04 PM
i am a huge indiana jones fan and this game must have slipped under my radar and i saw it all over best buy earlier and i just wanted to know if it was worth playing or if i should skip it altogether
#2PatrickGallowayPosted 6/14/2009 5:08:13 AM
If you like cheesy games get it!

I never laughed so hard during playing a game, so it's entertaining in a way. Only I doubt if it was meant to be entertaining in that way! :D

I keep saying to myself: 'I can't believe I'm actually playing this, in this day and age', but then I keep playing.
#3ROHACOPEPosted 6/14/2009 7:52:27 AM
I was in the same boat and I made the leap and bought the game. I'm glad I did. Obviously, its a budget title on a 10 year old system, but its also a good Indy game and considering the lack of Indy games I'm thrilled that the PS2 got this game.

Do yourself a favor and dont listen to all the haters here, half of them probably haven't even played this game and the other half apparently were expecting a full priced, next gen experience from this budget priced, last gen game.

The only part of this game I didnt like initially was the hand to hand combat, which you get used to soon enough. Exploration segment are fine and the gunplay segments steal the show for me. In true indy fashion you run from cover to cover shooting bad guys or enviromental objects to get a sweet multi kill.

If you dig Indy adventures, give it a try. But dont avoid it because of all the haters, most of them aren't truly happy unless they are complaing and crying about something.
#4GamersLoftPosted 6/14/2009 10:18:00 AM
"In true indy fashion you run from cover to cover shooting bad guys or enviromental objects to get a sweet multi kill.

Even God's simplest creatures realize that you don't run anywhere while shooting...the game does it for you.

---
#5ROHACOPEPosted 6/14/2009 10:44:42 AM
You truly are a human void.

I never stated that you shoot while running, but, I guess you have to complain about something, right?

Why dont you go over to the assasins creed board and join in the other voids saying that game stunk because you couldn't swim.

And I never called YOU one of Gods simplest creatures because I wouldn't dare insult THEM in so cruel a fashion.
#6GamersLoftPosted 6/14/2009 12:20:44 PM
^^^ Two possible explanations for that mess:

1. You work for LucasArts.
2. You haven't played a videogame since 1995

Also, for those who are on the fence about purchasing this five hour gem:

Even God's most illiterate creatures realize that you don't swing across chasms with Indy's whip...
You press a button and the game does it for you.

---
#7ROHACOPEPosted 6/14/2009 7:59:46 PM
Ummm, I guess this game needed a whiplike Wiimote to meet your rigid standards????

Just FYI, most actions in games are the result of the pressing of a button.

DER
#8GamersLoftPosted 6/15/2009 1:31:55 PM
Here's some more info for people who just can't decide:
If your curiosity is getting the best of you, and you decide to pick up the game, prepare yourself for myriad trial and error QTE's. The developers used these to make their three hour game last five hours.

Even God's most pathetic creatures realize that this inept game is simply a cash-in on the franchise.

---
#91stLtPosted 6/16/2009 4:40:46 PM
This new Indiana Jones game doesn't have the best graphics, but I'd give it a rating of 7 on a scale of 1-10. You can really use your environment to help you along the way, and punching Germans is really fun.
#10ROHACOPEPosted 6/16/2009 9:52:08 PM
"Even God's most pathetic creatures realize that this inept game is simply a cash-in on the franchise."

FINALLY, WE AGREE

Most of the characters bashing pointlessly on this "cash in" are pretty pathetic.