How exactly do EX attacks work...?

#1dalianPosted 6/18/2009 7:40:10 AM
I've never played the ps2 version but i got this one

I've got the hang of the other things but EX attacks for Archer and Saber confuse me.

For Saber i do you have to do 236236 B to get him to chant and go into UBW mode then i was able to do his EX easily Im not sure if i was in holy grail mode but it came out when the glowing magic bar was still in the 3rd level and the normal magic bar was at 2.

With Saber i can't get it out unless i do it immediately after pressing L+R..which of course knocks the opponent too far away for them to be caught.

Am i doing something wrong...i can get out Shiros easily and it's the same command but i can't get out Sabers when i want to, especially after the normal magic bar goes down to 2.
---
Anticipating:BBS,Persona,Fate/Codes, ToG,ToVS,ToV(ps3),MBAA,ARF,BlazBlue
Currently Playing:GG^C+,MBAC,Persona 4,
#2a12345aPosted 6/18/2009 7:57:54 AM
yea need help too! can get every move to work except EX specials
#3GStrike-Posted 6/18/2009 8:15:14 AM
I can easily do excalibur and avalon but i don't think excalibur is the EX.
#4sirus1610Posted 6/18/2009 8:16:17 AM
If you are talking about that final OMGWTFBBQ skill everyone has, then you are supposed to activate when the holy grail and your mana bar is full. Then just UNLEASH.

Or just following the command list helps. :P
---
YouTube Account ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmRauizu
#5GStrike-Posted 6/18/2009 8:25:09 AM
woah it works cool. Never knew that holy grail did anything.
#6GStrike-Posted 6/18/2009 8:31:19 AM
it looks like you have to have 3 bars and use L+R then down>right>down>right>circle

2 bars doesn't work, and when you use L+R it knocks them back so you have to do it quickly or do it against the wall.
#7GStrike-Posted 6/18/2009 8:35:29 AM
actually when you know them back, you don't have to do it right away. you can do it by run infront of them and do it.
#8WND_ShockzPosted 6/18/2009 10:09:43 PM
For Saber, it works the same as everyone else's EX. Not sure why you're having problems.

For Archer, yes, you have to complete the chant and activate UBW to use his EX. Grail level does not matter. (Bit of a nice touch, IMO--after all, in the story, Archer's the only one who's not actually after the Grail.)
---
In the name of the Railgun, and of the Missile, and of the Holy BFG. Amen.