Compared to Lights CRUCIS Fatal/Fake?

#1Cookies_YumPosted 6/19/2009 5:11:15 PM
How is this compared to that? I love Crucis, and I heard the Arcade/PS2 version of this had many cheese combos. So, opinions, please?
---
"I'm like Adult Swim, at some point, it's just the same crap all over again."
#2ZGMF-X19aPosted 6/19/2009 6:14:26 PM
Played both. Execution on Fate/UC requires more precise input, and is generally faster. More advanced systems in place, like Cancels, Reflect Guard/Dash, and of course, the lovely but not so lovable Grail System.

In particular, the Grail System prevents you from using a character's 'final' attack without a significant amount of damage dealt first. Why is it not lovable? Because if you miss your final attack, the Grail is gone for the whole round...no second try for that round.

In Crusis Fatal/Fake, you can easily accumulate more energy, especially in a heated battle, and repeat your final attack.
---
http://alliancenet.blogspot.com - my new blog!
#3Cookies_Yum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2009 6:21:42 PM
Where have you seen people get that much mana in normal battles? Holy crap. Between team attacks to counter-block a vicious opponent, and command spelling here and there, you'd be lucky to get the final attack off against good people.

BUT! I will believe your word 'bout f/uc =P
---
"I'm like Adult Swim, at some point, it's just the same crap all over again."
#4Greg13221Posted 6/19/2009 8:07:31 PM
I've managed to use the grail plenty of times before on my friends, it's alot more satisfying. It's not hard gaining mana, and I use Gil, who is a mana drainer
---
Use Google or Else...
#5Tohno_ShikiPosted 6/19/2009 8:20:02 PM
Just my opinion but I like how you don't get a second chance for your ultimate attack because if you could do it it agan it feels like it takes away the whole feeling that its an "ultimate attack. I mean how ultimate could it be if the guy could do it again? He ovbiously didn't put everything he had for that attack.
#6ZGMF-X19aPosted 6/19/2009 10:36:52 PM
Shiki: actually, that part isn't what's bad. What's bad is that if ONE of you uses the Grail, you deny the other one the chance for to their final attack.

Strategically, that's great. In practice, it's not that pretty...especially if your opponent manages to land even a cherry tap at you to snatch the Grail.

Kinda like...in a story setting, if (and I mean IF) a Servant survives another Servant's Noble Phantasm, wouldn't they want to fire back with their own?

Consider this situation: one side gets beaten up to yellow life, with the other side still having plenty of Green. The Grail is filled, but the former side lands a sucker punch and grabs it. The former uses the Grail, misses the Final attack, but regenerates enough to return back to Green status. The game is back to near-start state, but the latter player can no longer use the Grail. (or can they?)

I'm not saying it's all bad. It's just a little gripe, especially considering the regeneration feature.
---
#7Greg13221Posted 6/19/2009 10:53:11 PM
^ You regenerate whenever you burst... I don't get how this is the grails problem.

Isn't that what the grail was meant to be? Either a moment of luck that can change the match around or a devastating move to end the round with? Keep in mind that you just can't steal it that easily anyways.
---
Use Google or Else...
#8ZGMF-X19aPosted 6/20/2009 3:09:29 AM
The Grail fills by damage. Every time you score a valid hit on your opponent, the life they lose goes into the Grail. (this is what the true F/SN Grail actually does)

Now, the system would assume that the Grail would only be filled once since the moment it is, it means that someone has pretty much had it with his life, and is on the verge of dying. Either that, or both sides have lost at least half their life.

The thing about regeneration and good defensive playing is that you can essentially reset the match back to start...this goes for both sides, since you can gain Mana by blocking too. So why would the game not allow the Grail to be refilled?

But like I said, it's a gripe. It might be me thinking "if he used his EX and I survived, why can't I return the favor?", which is exactly how the Grail system works. Double frustration if you were saving up your energy for your EX with the Grail almost to the brim, then the enemy somehow manages to land a somewhat minor attack on you ...there goes your Grail.
---
#9MaestroCPosted 6/20/2009 6:12:37 AM

But like I said, it's a gripe. It might be me thinking "if he used his EX and I survived, why can't I return the favor?", which is exactly how the Grail system works. Double frustration if you were saving up your energy for your EX with the Grail almost to the brim, then the enemy somehow manages to land a somewhat minor attack on you ...there goes your Grail.

But you can't gain the grail unless you have 300%...and what are the odds of that for BOTH players??
---
Xbox Live GT: MaestroC
#10ZGMF-X19aPosted 6/20/2009 7:57:43 AM
Pretty high. Personally, if I have an intention of using EX, I would use it in the second round, after I win one round. If it was a curb-stomp battle in the first round, I would've accumulated enough Mana for 300% (or 200%, if I finish with an SP attack), while the opponent would've gotten quite a lot of Mana getting hit. 2nd round proceeds, both would have enough energy to steal the Grail right about the time it almost gets filled.

The frustration comes when I nearly fill the Grail to the brim myself, then the opponent knocks it from my grasp by doing a quick but weak attack....then proceeds to activate Grail EX. Thing is, my opponent can rarely land a proper Grail Burst hit (block or miss). So now the Grail goes away and I can't finish my opponent with a Grail Burst unless I intentionally lose the round to force a 3rd...where the opponent can frustrate your efforts in the same way.

Three words: What A Waste.

You'd think that if you successfully stopped someone's ultimate attack that the game would allow you to return the favor.

---