Where did the monsters come from?

#1SjusovarenPosted 9/30/2009 6:12:33 PM
Its been a while since i beat Dead Space now.
I saw Dead Space Downfall today and they did fully explain where the Necromorphs came from in the movie and i dont remember if they did in the game.
I know its those bat monsters that turn dead bodys into the Necromorphs but were do the Bat things come from?
Was the marker like a guardian that imprisoned all the Necromorphs inside the planet and when they removed it they got out of there prison and attacked the colony on the planet?
#2Sjusovaren(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2009 6:14:36 PM
I mean they did NOT fully explain it in the movie sorry.
This site needs a edit button.
#3SMT_MasochistPosted 9/30/2009 6:27:20 PM
iirc, the marker drove people nuts and the bats do turn people into necros. Not sure but perhaps the ishimura freed the monsters when it tried cracking the planet and the marker went off and drove people crazy like in event horizon (minus the going to hell part)
---
PSN: theTanimal
Current Games: Muramasa, DS:E, VK:ES, KoF12, TMNT: SU
#4B18ChampPosted 9/30/2009 6:47:40 PM
I thought that the creatures that infected dead bodies caused the necromorphs? The marker just made people go insane so it was easier to infect dead bodies to make necromorphs.
#5SMT_MasochistPosted 9/30/2009 6:53:08 PM
^^^
I think that's an accurate description. I think the bats turned people into those super necros instantly and that's it.
---
PSN: theTanimal
Current Games: Muramasa, DS:E, VK:ES, KoF12, TMNT: SU
#6jmildrawsPosted 9/30/2009 7:22:25 PM
The bat things are people too. After you beat Dead Space (original) you get a log entry of a doctor describing the transformation. You can find it on the dead space wiki:

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Infector
#7DriftRSPosted 10/1/2009 1:28:00 AM
The marker was used as a key keeping the creatures or disease or whatever at bay, when they removed the marker, they also let the necromorphs out. Hence why in the game or movie or whatever it is they had to put the marker back...
#8DriftRSPosted 10/1/2009 1:28:33 AM
They really need an edit button... Infact I think it was the movie where they stood close to the marker as the creatures couldn't get near it.
#9OldSnakeRebornPosted 10/1/2009 5:58:34 AM
I don't think the original question is how the monsters come about. I think the TC already established that. His question is where do Necromorphs come from?

Now don't take my word for it, but I remember very vaguely the story is similar to the Aliens movies. Prior to this, the marker enslaved another race, and then that race somehow controlled it and put it underground with a warning. So the "bat like" creature you see is actually the alien species that was enslaved before by the marker. Very similar to the aliens movies.
---
"Yeah, usually stores don't allow any pc resells because of the chance of people packing viruses into the disks." - Chainsaw_Max
#10jsrcoPosted 10/1/2009 6:31:29 AM

OldSnakeReborn posted...
I don't think the original question is how the monsters come about. I think the TC already established that. His question is where do Necromorphs come from?

Now don't take my word for it, but I remember very vaguely the story is similar to the Aliens movies. Prior to this, the marker enslaved another race, and then that race somehow controlled it and put it underground with a warning. So the "bat like" creature you see is actually the alien species that was enslaved before by the marker. Very similar to the aliens movies.
---
"Yeah, usually stores don't allow any pc resells because of the chance of people packing viruses into the disks." - Chainsaw_Max

The bat like creature was a human. The comics even show someone transforming.