How to Fix the Umbrella Bug and How to Change the Hysteria Key

#1Junkcar02Posted 6/15/2011 11:41:31 PM
I found a way to fix the umbrella glitch and how to change the hysteria key from something other than enter. Here is what I did. Please note that in both cases you should backup your DefaultInput file just in case something goes wrong!

To fix the Umbrella Bug

1) Go into your default config file found by Program files -> Origin Games -> Alice Madness Returns - The Complete Collection -> Game -> Alice2 -> AliceGame -> Config -> DefaultInput.ini

-NOTE: This may vary depending on where you installed your game files, which version of Windows you're using, etc.

2) Find the line that says +Bindings=(Name="E",Command="TriggerBlock true | OnRelease TriggerBlock false") and change the E to whichever letter you want to be block; in my case I wanted G to be block so I changed it to: +Bindings=(Name="G",Command="TriggerBlock true | OnRelease TriggerBlock false")

3) Save your changes and close out of the config file

4) Start the game; go to the configure controls option in game; reset controls to default

5) Since default for block is now the key you assigned in the config the default controls will reflect this; you can now change the remaining controls to your preference

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you do this it will automatically switch the Focus ability to hold which means you will have to hold the button to stay in focus. You can change it back to a toggle by going back into the configuration menu and clicking the "Camera" button on the right hand side. The third option in this window will allow you to switch focus from hold to toggle.

To change the Hysteria key

1) Go into your default config file found by Program files -> Origin Games -> Alice Madness Returns - The Complete Collection -> Game -> Alice2 -> AliceGame -> Config -> DefaultInput.ini

-NOTE: This may vary depending on where you installed the game, your version of Windows, etc.

2) Find the line that says +Bindings=(Name="Enter",Command="TriggerHysteria") and change Enter to whichever key you want it to be. For example, I wanted hysteria to be activated by pressing H so I changed mine to read +Bindings=(Name="H",Command="TriggerHysteria")

3) Save the changes to config file and close out

4) Start the game and go to the configuration options within the in game menu, default your controls, confirm the changes, go back in and then proceed to readjust your controls to how you want them and hysteria should still be bound to your chosen key

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you do this it will automatically switch the Focus ability to hold which means you will have to hold the button to stay in focus. You can change it back to a toggle by going back into the configuration menu and clicking the "Camera" button on the right hand side. The third option in this window will allow you to switch focus from hold to toggle.

I hope this helps everyone!
#2FallenwolfPosted 6/15/2011 11:48:40 PM
Man, they really need to release a patch for this. This is just unbelievable.
---
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5075/kumauy6.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7567/kuma.jpg
#3FrogtkPosted 6/15/2011 11:59:45 PM
I'm using a 360 controller so no problems here, what exactly is the bug?
---
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk
#4NightgazerPosted 6/16/2011 7:38:54 AM
If you change the default button for the umbrella in the settings menu it will not actually get changed in the config file, leaving you with no umbrella at all.
The hysteria mode key can't be changed from the settings menu at all, hence the need to do so manually for some people.
I'm soooo glad I'm using a 360 controller to play this. Runs perfectly and feels much more natural for a platformer.
---
Okay, I'm done now. It's just not funny anymore.
#5AladrinPosted 6/18/2011 11:10:01 AM
I'm using a controller to play, too, but which button is the Umbrella button for a 360 controller?
---
It better than next-gen, but not quite current. - Lord XIII
Why didnt my parents wear protection that night? WHYYYYYYYY??? - Dan :-(
#6AladrinPosted 6/18/2011 11:17:32 AM
Nevermind, it's the same as jump. Didn't expect them to reuse the same key.
---
It better than next-gen, but not quite current. - Lord XIII
Why didnt my parents wear protection that night? WHYYYYYYYY??? - Dan :-(
#7jman1553Posted 6/18/2011 11:57:13 AM
OK, so when I first played the game, I changed my "Use Umbrella" button to ThumbMouseButton2. As the glitch says, that didn't work. But when I changed it in the config menu, when playing the game, it still was the same! I still can't use my umbrella. This sucks.
#8DaMan20Posted 6/24/2011 10:52:27 AM
This has to be the worst scew up in gaming history, how can you not see a bug this huge!!! A weapon in a game not working!
---
'I Wanna Rock & Roll All Nite And Party Every Day!'
#9ensomneacPosted 6/24/2011 3:36:58 PM

Fallen Wolf posted...
Man, they really need to release a patch for this. This is just unbelievable.

Blame the Unreal Engine.

Bioshock 2 had the exact same bug, where if you changed the default "hack" or "harvest" little sister key, it wouldn't work.

#10bringonththundrPosted 7/4/2011 9:01:40 PM
I played through the game up until the umbrella part and was not able to use it. I looked online for a few ways to fix it and nothing seemed to work so instead of returning the game I figured I would play it to that point again one more time to see if it would work the only difference was I DID NOT change any of the actions buttons as I had the first time, because the first time I played through it I had changed all the default buttons. So basically not changing any of the buttons seemed to make a big difference and now I can play the game with the umbrella which makes me happy, so igf you don't mind playing through the begining again maybe that will help?