What's up with the boring cardboard levels these days?

#1pormogoPosted 7/17/2011 10:48:52 AM
I was so bored after the third scroll section of chapter three. It made me lose a ton of immersion into the game. Shadows of the Damned suffered from the same fate, as I recall, having you shoot at cardboard-cutout enemies for some real boring combat.

I don't know, just these kinds of sections break it for me. The game's great, just these parts are a little unneeded, especially all three of them being in the same chapter. Blergh.
---
Achachachachaba!
Massage me for my GT.
#2Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 7/17/2011 3:35:47 PM
Those scroll stages actually helped change the pace and perspective of the game halfway through. I liked it.

The Dollhouse crap at the end is awful though.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#3lloyd_doblerPosted 7/17/2011 4:33:27 PM
Having started Alice:MR just after finishing Shadows of the Damned, I was not terribly excited or impressed to see more 2D minilevels. In both games, they didn't seriously impact my enjoyment or anything, but I can't help feeling like they could have been more effectively employed.
---
Inyuk-chuk!
#4OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 7/18/2011 8:52:35 AM
agree 100%- this game is boring. if anyone knows a part where things were exciting, please tell me. i was called a troll because i said the same thing. run, jump, find secret item, fight a few enemies, go to next part. all the jumping lead to one boss fight (that was way too easy)

this game was a letdown.
#5OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 7/18/2011 9:04:36 AM
you can go a step further- the first 3 puzzles all have the same solution! thats tricky!
#6orihalchon dragoonPosted 7/24/2011 10:46:12 PM
agree 100%- this game is boring. if anyone knows a part where things were exciting, please tell me. i was called a troll because i said the same thing. run, jump, find secret item, fight a few enemies, go to next part. all the jumping lead to one boss fight (that was way too easy)

this game was a letdown.

While your point is somewhat valid, every game can be boiled down like that.

CoD: Run, shoot guy, hide behind wall, watch cutscene shoot more guys, repeat for 6 hours.
Final Fantasy: Walk, see whiny emo angsty cutscene, walk some more, get in random fight, mash x, see cutscene, repeat, see cutscene.
Mario: Run, jump, run, jump, star, run, jump, GOAL!
Alice: jump, fight, jump jump jump jump, cutscene, fight fight jump fight...
---
you must beat the dead horse till it rides itself to oblivion~ BAMF__
#7almasbabyPosted 7/30/2011 8:13:55 PM
I thought some of the enemies were pretty awesome, and amusing. I LMAO the first time I encountered a Samurai Wasp, and the Baby Doll was one of the coolest enemies I've ever faced.
#8Hatreds_WrathPosted 8/5/2011 2:13:04 PM
The cigar smoking crab had me laughing a bit!
---
XBL GT - He1l Knight
"The double barreled shotgun, is a shotgun but, with two barrels." - Todd Howard on Fallout 3
#9OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 8/8/2011 10:53:47 AM
there needs to be more games where smoking a hooka is involved
More topics from this board...
autosave in mcgees aliceSemeki27/9 7:24AM