Question about First Game

#1SmallvilleOCPosted 8/7/2011 8:13:26 AM
Do you need Alice Madness Returns game disc to play the first game? Or can I just download the original and play it from my xbox?
#2MrZetsubouPosted 8/7/2011 9:24:09 AM
It's an add-on. You run AMAlice from the Madness Returns title screen.

Yep, you need the disc.
---
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there! Such is the treachery of feeling relief!
#3riddlebox89Posted 8/7/2011 9:51:17 AM
MrZetsubou posted...
It's an add-on. You run AMAlice from the Madness Returns title screen.

Yep, you need the disc.

this guy nailed it.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4SmallvilleOC(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2011 11:32:18 AM
Is the game hard?
#5riddlebox89Posted 8/7/2011 11:36:34 AM
the controls take a bit of getting used to, and the banshees will probably make you want to rip your hair out with how many times they can, and will, scream at you and knock you off a ledge.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#6MrZetsubouPosted 8/7/2011 1:51:32 PM(edited)

Is the game hard?

American McGee's Alice:
Yep, there is an extremely difficult semi-final boss in it, and different annoying enemies

Alice Madness Returns:
Piece of cake, even on the hardest difficulty.
---
What makes you really feel secure is knowing that somebody more pathetic than yourself exists out there! Such is the treachery of feeling relief!
#7NewShirePosted 8/7/2011 7:24:45 PM

I haven't gotten too far into Madness yet, but I finished the original Alice on medium. It's about as tough on medium as most current games are on hard.

It gets a lot easier later in the game when you get better weapons though. The first few hours were by far the most difficult IMO.

#8Super CreaturesPosted 8/7/2011 11:11:21 PM
The jumping and the second battle against a certain boss are the most difficult (read: frustrating) parts of AMA.

It is definitely one of those games where the old credo of "save often" should be followed.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9Yorkshire_14Posted 8/11/2011 11:02:16 PM
I hated and loved the original Alice at the same time. It was hard but fun at the same time.
---
NO BREATHING!