What upgrade level are weapons better then dlc pack?

#1ziek2517Posted 8/15/2011 4:19:14 PM(edited)
Just curious if anyone knew actually strengths on the weapons. I used only dlc weapons until chapter 3 when I had finally got the teapot that I decided to upgrading anything, and I had enough teeth to upgrade two weapons to level 4. So I went with the teapot and blade, and wow what a difference on the blade. I wish I hadn't waited this long. Now I'm trying to decide on which to start on next the horse or pepper grinder. I like how much extra ammo the octo--grinder has but wondered if a fully upgraded grinder (or level 2 or 3) is strong enough to compensate for the low amount of ammo? I've seen what a level 4 hoarse does but I don't use it that often, and don't mind being able to use the dlc horse and whack my health back up if needed. So any information would be appreciated.
---
You make Hulk laugh!
#2Yorkshire_14Posted 8/15/2011 5:12:43 PM
I thought i was upgrading the dlc weapons too. Am i wrong?
---
NO BREATHING!
#3ziek2517(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2011 5:55:39 PM
No, if you have upgraded any weapons (like the vorpal blade) switch over and try the non dlc version. It's much faster and stronger, but you lose the buff you get from the vorpal cleaver "Reduces damage from enemies by half". Same with all of them, horse is stronger and faster then Nightmare but you don't receive health back when you use it.
---
You make Hulk laugh!
#4MrZetsubouPosted 8/15/2011 6:36:06 PM
Pretty sure that all DLC weapons are lv4 + special effect
---
Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there is little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear.
#5Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 8/15/2011 8:00:22 PM
^ Yep, they are the "end all" weapons for the game.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#6ziek2517(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 12:54:13 PM
Well damn, I feel dumb. I sat there for a half hour upgrading different weapons trying to get a feel for what the difference was. I had no idea. I guess you answered my question, thanks.

@Yorkshire sorry I gave you incorrect information.
---
You make Hulk laugh!
More topics from this board...
autosave in mcgees aliceSemeki27/9 7:24AM