Please help question about dresses non dlc

#1ala_vergaPosted 8/2/2012 2:05:21 PM
Hi I don't own this game just yet, but I have a question about selecting dresses.

I've read that at the end of a chapter you unlock that area specific dress, but once you enter a new chapter you auto switch to the new area dress.

My question is at the end of story mode if you start playing through again can I play through all of the chapters in the story wearing whichever non dlc dress I want. Like just playing all the chapters in just the blue dress or just the siren dress?

Thank you for your time.
---
"If I wasn't such a peaceful man, I'd kick some ass" - Hondo from Code Monkeys
#2Super CreaturesPosted 8/2/2012 2:34:21 PM
You either read wrong, or are confusing changing back to the real world dress with being forced into the Wonderland dress for the next chapter.

In the real world, you will always wear the same dress, it only changes while you are in Wonderland.

As for selecting dresses, you can choose to either let the story decide for you or choose a specific dress, which you will always wear while in Wonderland.

Note that there is a glitch in the game that if you choose a specific dress, then switch to letting the story determine your dress, your dress will not change to the appropriate dress (not sure if this only applies to choosing one of the DLC dress, or if it also applies if you choose one of the story dresses, I've only seen it reported when dealing with DLC dresses, and this was back when the game first launched, and I don't know if any patches have been released).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3Spikie852Posted 8/27/2012 12:00:06 PM
How do you swap dresses then? I've completed the game but can't see any way to pick a different dress within a level.
---
Maybe he isn't a troll and he has somehow managed to destroy logic.
iamsuperdude29
#4Super CreaturesPosted 8/27/2012 1:41:09 PM
Within a level, you don't.

Changing dresses and weapon skins is done from the main menu by pressing X.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.