Is this game based on...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Alice: Madness Returns
  3. Is this game based on...
4 years ago#1
A book or movie?I haven't read or seen the movies but I played this game and it is delightfully twisted. I mean Im not hoping for a book or movie where alice is running around murdering people in wonderland but when I first played this game and saw the rabbits face melt and Alice's face torn away I knew it was a good choice putting this game in. It almost reminds me of the style of the Grimm fairy tales.

I just want to be clear I understand there are the original books from the 1850's i belive by Lewis carrol (or carrol Lewis) not sure which and there is the Disney cartoon version and I just watch part one of a musical version on encore today plus Tim Burton's version. But this game is seriously way more sick and twisted than I could have ever imagined. So is the game just using the characters from alice in wonderland. And this is a plot new to this story. Or are the original books/movies this twisted. For example does alice ends up in an asylum and actually think she burned down her house and killed her family in a sequel to the books?
4 years ago#2
It's really just a twisted version of Alice in Wonderland, it's not based on anything other than the traditional Alice in Wonderland story. Although I think the whole Lewis Carrol being a total creep thing influenced it what with Dr Bumby and the disturbing children. I read the dolls in the last level were supposed to be symbolic (You know, walking through the hole between their legs, stripping the enemy dolls and such).
GT & PSN - Xroalia
4 years ago#3
No. The first game Alice acts as sort of part three of the story, ockng up where the two novels left off but taking it in a much, much darker place. The books are very different from the games.
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
4 years ago#4
its some sort of unofficial version based on the book
When One Person Is Cursed, Two Graves Are Dug And After Your Body Dies Your Soul Will Go To Hell As Well
4 years ago#5
It's more of a modern adaptation, McGee's Alice which takes the traditional story in a much different direction

A very similar thing to Tim burtons Alice returns to wonderland, it holds the core essentials to heart, enough to keep it Alice, though runs it in a more relatable way to modern audiences
  1. Boards
  2. Alice: Madness Returns
  3. Is this game based on...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived