Bad news for Lost Planet 3

#1FITRSPosted 9/24/2010 5:11:15 AM

http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6276630/japanese-game-makers-five-years-behind-inafune?tag=top_stories%3Btitle%3B2

While Capcom has had success in the West in recent years with hits like Resident Evil 5, Super Street Fighter IV, and Dead Rising, Inafune said the publisher was "barely keeping up" with the changing industry. Lost Planet 2 in particular was a step back for the company, as Inafune called the developers who made it "misguided." He said they made it too much like Monster Hunter, which is exceptionally popular in Japan but has met with limited success in Europe and North America.
"I want to make games that travel overseas, but Capcom hasn't taken globalization seriously," Inafune said. "I want to study how Westerners live, and make games that appeal to them."

Very sad to hear that the producer for LP2 thinks this about his own game.

The problem is he doesn't really understand why LP2 bombed. Not because it was a bad game, but because Capcom USA did not do enough to suck up to the game reviewers.

LP2 coop demo had been out for 6 months for everyone to see what the game was like. The full game played just like the demo except for a few changes. Therefore the gameplay was hardly a surprise to Western reviewers. The reviews were down right lies citing the game had broken levels. On the contrary, LP2 had none of the broken levels nor broken models like RDR debarcle such as the donkey woman. The levels were perfect, they just needed proper cooperation and thought on how to defeat the bosses. A real face palm moment for so called gaming professionals who can't work out how to play a game without detailed hints on screen.

What LP2 lacked also was a n00b difficulty setting. Basically with everything painted out to you in the first level so that people who can't figure things out are spoon fed.

So what can we do as fans of Lost Planet 2?

I encourage people to write to Capcom USA and tell them what you really think of the game. Offer constructive criticism as well as you see fit.

Capcom U.S.A., Inc.
Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
800 Concar Drive, Suite 300
San Mateo, CA 94402-2649
(650) 350-6500 main number

No bloody email address... shesh.

#2the_blood_wolfPosted 9/24/2010 7:00:22 AM
I'm not surprised. One of my favorite PS2 games was Ghost in the Shell. Which if you any of you played was basically exactly how Lost Planet 2 was, which was an amazing welcome to my game library. Already talked 5 of my friends into Lost Planet 2 so we can at least have some fun online matches.
---
Heart Gold FC: 1935 2859 5417
#3ninjaman44Posted 9/24/2010 7:18:25 AM
Don't worry. Capcom is always trying to fix mistakes. They'll make a new installment to be rid of the backlash from the previous one. *cough* DMC2 *cough*
---
Official Havok of the MvC3 board
PSN:KiNgGaMeR44
#4GregarBassPosted 9/24/2010 7:55:06 AM
I get a game from Capcom I like, and then something like this happens.

I swear, the nickname "Crapcom" is kinda appropriate..
---
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
Check Quote for FC's
#5EmpyreanLCPosted 9/24/2010 9:26:27 AM
Look at the new Devil May Cry for an idea of what Inafune thinks Americans like...
#6FishInMyPantsPosted 9/24/2010 10:02:31 AM
So, basically, CAPCOM puts plans for Lp3 on hold indefinitely, and is currently focusing on a DMC that panders to western audiences?

Oh, Sweet, Merciful Jesus...

*facepalms HARD*

And a side note. I approve of this topic and that Monster Hunter is totally freakin' awesome, with one glaring exception in the franchise. Monster Hunter Eunuch(Tri). That installment was a farce, and a slap in the face to any REAL MH fan. I'd rather there not be an Lp3, than to see CAPCOM completely bend it over and "westernize" it like they did with MH and Tri.
---
Gypceros stole my baby!
#7EmpyreanLCPosted 9/24/2010 10:41:25 AM
you know what LP3 is going to be...

INNOVATIVE FIRST PERSON PERSPECTIVE PUTS YOU IN THE ACTION
REGENERATING HEALTH KEEPS YOU IN THE ACTION
AKRID REPLACED WITH ZOMBIE SPACE GUYS
ALL CHARACTERS ARE NOW SPACE MARINES WITH A BUNCH OF BUMPS ON THEIR CYBORG ARMOR
DEVELOPED BY WESTERN STUDIO YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT!!
FEEL THE ANGST OF THESE SOLDIERS OF WAR IN AN EPIC GRIPPING STORY OF REVENGE AND VENGEANCE OUT FOR BLOOD

CHRIS REDFIELD ARMS MANDATORY
#8Monistic_TurtlePosted 9/26/2010 12:03:50 AM
geez calm down people, LP2 is not that great to begin with.
---
Would you strongly disagree, slightly disagree, or only disagree with this sentence?
#9FITRS(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2010 5:01:46 AM
Monistic_Turtle posted...
geez calm down people, LP2 is not that great to begin with.

Please go back to MW2 or Gears of War forums.
#10gamestop27Posted 9/26/2010 8:45:59 AM
"geez calm down people, LP2 is not that great to begin with"

It's nice to have an opinion.
More topics from this board...
Greetings from EDN3!GodsPoison22110/18 8:12PM