got the game already, wanna ask something?

#1YO456Posted 10/15/2009 9:04:36 PM
I already got the game and have been playing through the first 2 or 3 ranks of the festival, It`s very good although it doesn`t feel too fast (which may be `cause I have the PAL version, with no 60 Hz selector)
anyone got any questions they want answered?

if it`s about the origin of the game, I`ll say it now: It was aquired through...lets say, questionable means. But I`m no thief, I have already fully paid my preorder of the game, so I don`t see anything wrong with downloading it to play it a few days earlier
---
John McClane: Oh, just a feeling I have.
Al Powell: Ouch. When you get those feelings, insurance companies start to go bankrupt-----Die Hard 2
#2IchijoPosted 10/16/2009 5:37:54 PM
Given you seem to have, erm, a loose code of ethics as far as trying games out is concerned, have you also played the PSP version? I'd like to know how the two compare with each other.
#3YO456(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2009 8:53:05 PM
actually is pretty "tight" as far as ethics go, I just don`t see any damage being done if I`m getting the game anyway
as for your question, I haven`t tried it, been meaning to get a PSP for some time now but never got around to it mostly `cause I have a big backlog for the PS2, but I may eventually get it
---
Al Powell: Ouch. When you get those feelings, insurance companies start to go bankrupt-----Die Hard 2
#4IchijoPosted 10/16/2009 9:50:57 PM
Damn. I'm tossing up over which version to get at the moment.

I'm not much into online or 2-player so neither of those features sway me. And while I prefer to play on a big screen as a general rule, I'm spending a lot more time with my PSP lately and the newer models have TV out and even Dual Shock linkup, so that's not a deal breaker either.

It really comes down to whether or not either version looks or performs much better than the other :-(
#5YO456(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2009 10:25:45 PM
let me tell you that the way the game is structured, with a Festival mode with progressive races (think Burnout Revenge or Dominator) seems really confortable to play on the go too

as for performance, right now I`m using the Pal version, which does kind of feel a bit slower, but slow for a fast paced game, still being faster than some PS2 racers (like Test Drive unlimited, or GT4 for example)
---
#6marcinpsx3Posted 10/24/2009 6:46:55 AM
I also got the game and check my post here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=958336&topic=51909131

On few couple of days I will have 100% completed the game.
#7DA_SHREDDERPosted 10/25/2009 6:55:51 AM

Does the online have voice chat on the ps2 version?

#8zack02wardPosted 11/1/2009 8:04:51 AM

Does the game have a way to customize the soundtracks where you can pick whats played all the time? I think the PSP version does but I just want to make sure this one can.

#9Bluellama1Posted 11/1/2009 12:34:06 PM
YO456 posted...
I have already fully paid my preorder of the game

Do you know what the pre order bonus for the PS2 version is? I'm thinking it's not the same as the PSP version, so I want to know what it is.