Disappointing that this game isn't more popular

#1CarnaliaBarcusPosted 12/31/2009 4:46:11 AM
--This board is really dead. I like Arctic Edge at least as much as the other two Motorstorm games, maybe even more, as the AI ended up not being as ridiculous in the more difficult levels as the AI in the previous two games, and the game worked perfectly on my PS3. This is the only Motorstorm game where I've managed to get all "golds" in the Festival mode . . . the first two I gave up on in the higher levels after repeating some races 15-20 times with little improvement, although occasionally, in between rentals, I pull them out and try those higher level races again--usually still with little improvement.

Maybe Arctic Edge is not as good online or something? I haven't tried playing anything online yet, although I just now FINALLY bought a WiFi router just today, so I should be online soon.
#2CarnaliaBarcus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2010 10:16:24 AM
Ah . . . there is NO online play for the PS2 version. I wonder why they decided to go that route. I bet that's a lot of what's keeping the popularity down . . . that and maybe a lot of people have newer PS3s now that are not backwards compatible?
#3MuddyMaestroPosted 1/21/2010 12:31:10 PM
Simple, Sony shut down online servers about a year and a half ago, so they're not going to give a game online capabilities just for XLink can make an alternate server server to support it, though I wish they did. It really is a great game though, it's one of the few games that looks and plays great on both the PSP and PS2 without a major overhaul, and it's a really great way to kill some time.
---
In 2012, the new Mudkip Invasion will begin...
This user is a proud Canadian.