Download this for $15 or play CH 2K8 with updated rosters?

#1WingerSupremePosted 3/19/2009 2:26:47 PM
My main question is in the topic, but here's some sub-questions.

Are there any special graphics, overlays, between-game things...anything, really, that makes this feel like you're playing in the tournament and not 63 exhibition games?

Can I match up any two teams and play or do I have to go through the tournament?

Probably stupid, but there's still no names on the players right? If that's the case, is there any way to get them without editing every player individually?

Overall, is it worth it?
---
Romans 12:2 Toronto Sports Fan For Life
#2KDNEZPosted 3/19/2009 4:39:44 PM
I downloaded this and after doing so, it is really hard to like if you have been playing 2k8. If you play the demo then you will know what I mean. It just isnt a better game (in my honest opinion.) The animations are not good and I just cant get into it. It might be just me, but if you are used to playing 2k8, you will probably feel the same. And yes you will have to manually enter the rosters and there is no play now function so the only way that you are allowed to play someone is if they take control of the team that you are playing against in the tournament.
---
Gamertag:KDNEZ
#3RockCh4lk1Posted 3/19/2009 11:35:38 PM
I just picked up CH2K8 for 15 at gamestop. I got the updated rosters, tweaked my team a little, made the bracket and started playing... IMO CH2K8 is the way to go. Although I was thinking of getting this DLC too.

---
GT: A RAY LS1
#4ukealii50Posted 3/25/2009 4:19:37 AM
I haven't played NBA Live since 05 or so and its been difficult adjusting to EA Sports Basketball after religiously playing the 2K franchise. Haven't played through the tournament at all, but you can download rosters from the EA Market (its free) with all the names.
---
This sig will not change until the Chicago Cubs win another World Series. Started: October 15, 1908