~~Official Final Fantasy IV: The After Years Board Guide~~ (READ BEFORE POSTING)

#61Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2010 1:44:15 AMmessage detail
You will either like or hate this game. Many fans of the original hate it for various reasons, but I think it's a really enjoyable game, even if it's not as good as the prequel. If you get it, play the main game first, then play the character chapters (I do them in order), then The Crystals.
#62NoNameAtAllPosted 4/11/2010 1:43:07 PMmessage detail
Hey guys, long time no see.

I FINALLY got the chance to play the game. I'm having fun with it.

Also, Monk Coleman is everything I expected. :P
---
OH MY GAWD how did I forget her, I fail so much -- Marth_Koopa, now Sigurd_Koopa
#63dratsabPosted 4/21/2010 1:33:53 AMmessage detail
"I take responsibility for my own actions, but it's everyone else's actions that that cause me trouble." - 3/9/2008
#64Vinchenz_RockPosted 7/25/2010 10:32:18 AMmessage detail
Wow, the final dungeon in this game takes forever to get through. X_X
---
"and im not a troll im human wtf u must be superstitous" - D_Fen_Door
Won't change sig until Dragon Quest IX comes in NA. 12/20/06
#65dark_deity9Posted 8/21/2010 1:52:40 AMmessage detail
To BAGTBird:

If you really enjoyed the FFIV prequels, then more than likely you'll love this game.

For one, you can easily understand the dialogue...

As you are obviously aware, this game is divided into chapters, which means:
*Spoiler Alert*
1. Expect to be stuck in one area in any given chapter.
2. The chapters (exc. The Crystals) are rather short storywise: each takes about 2-4 hours if you're rushing it - The Crystals takes about 20+.
3. Upon completion of any chapter, watch the credits: Press A after "The End" appears...
Doing so allows you to save "Clear Data" to import into the final chapter, and opens a Challenge Dungeon for the completed chapter (Talk to "Namingway", the rabbit who dresses like Mario).
5. The Clear Data from chapters carries over your levels, gil, and items (up to 99999 gil from each chapter, up to 99 of any one item altogether from all chapters). There is no need to watch the credits again after Clear Data (except Rydia's, to save 2 characters); all subsequent saves keep whatever you did for the endgame.
6. Lastly, and most important of all, SAVE EACH TALE IN SEPARATE SAVE SLOTS! Otherwise, you'll have to do that one again.

Oh, and for your other question, for the best playthrough in terms of story, do it in this order:
1. Main Story (to the end of the Mist Cave)
2. Rydia
3. Edge
4. Yang or Edward
5. Edward or Yang
6. Palom
7. Porom
8. Finish Main Story (in Japan, this is where Kain's Tale began.)
9. Lunarians
10. The Crystals
---
Why so serious?
#66shadow chao 10Posted 8/21/2010 11:54:45 AMmessage detail
I imagine he's made his decision already after over five months. >_>
---
~Space for rent~
#67Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2010 2:52:54 AMmessage detail
So, does anyone really care if this never gets updated?
#68FoofyheadPosted 4/7/2011 12:55:56 AMmessage detail
I do!
---
If I have to go through the Underground Waterway one more time..........I swear to God!
#69Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2011 6:49:59 PMmessage detail
Meeeh. I'm too lazy, and this board is too dead for it to matter. >_>