List of Hidden Bronze & Silver Tails *Spoilers*

#1Hours_LeftPosted 8/4/2009 8:38:47 PM
Here's a list of all the known hidden Bronze and Silver Tails in Edward's Tale. The location will be listed above each group and the in-game map name will be listed beside each entry.

Bronze Tails

-Damcyan Castle-
Storehouse - Search very top of Secret Passage (Entrance underneath lower staircase.)
Damcyan Castle - Search large row of flowers on right side of castle walls

-Antlion's Den-
Antlion's Den - B1 - Search rock in the center of the "O" land formation (Enter from underneath the left bridge.)

-Impact Crater-
Impact Crater - Lower Wall - Search steam vent at bottom of map (You'll know it's the correct one because you can't walk through it.)

-Waterway-
Underground Falls - Search rock to the left side of entrance
Waterway Ent. South - B1 - Search underneath bridge below entrance to Waterfall Grotto
Waterway Ent. South - B1 - Search rock in the water to the right of entrance to Waterfall Grotto
Behind the Falls - 1F - Search bottom left corner behind wall

-Kaipo-
Pub - Search left side of the right bookcase behind the bar

-Baron-
Baron - Search to the left of the bottom of the left waterfall

Silver Tails

-Antlion's Den-
Antlion's Nest - Search bottom boulder (During a New Moon only.)

-Baron-
Weaponsmith - In the treasure chest behind weapon merchant (Entrance in bottom right corner of shop.)

Note: Credit for these discoveries go to the posters from the "Bronze Tail ! (Spoiler)" topic linked below:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=958463&topic=50744766

If you have found any more tails or if there is an error, please feel free to post the information.

---
Currently Playing: Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past (DS), Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (Wii),
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (PS3)
#2Trance_SquallPosted 8/4/2009 8:42:10 PM
I suspect there's one more silver tail, since that way one would be able to get a Gold Tail without even having to get a lucky drop. After all, they already have enough for 4/5 silver tails, so it would make sense.

...Not that I have any idea where that last one could be...
#3Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2009 8:45:21 PM
Perhaps, or maybe they just want you to only have to earn one Silver Tail the hard way.

I've searched ever suspicious place I can think of and I haven't come across anything.

---
Currently Playing: Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past (DS), Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (Wii),
#4dark_deity9Posted 8/4/2009 8:48:38 PM
Got 1 Bronze from Alligator!
5x Gators =~ 1 Silver Tail!
---
See my Band Guide 3.0+! Coming August 3rd-7th, 2009! Vanished Lunar Whale, Blue Planet that Was, Star-Crossed Damcyan!
DD9(Talk2Mii)
#5Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2009 8:59:56 PM
Yes, you can get Bronze & Silver Tails from enemies (my theory being you can only get them from land enemies that actually have physical tails), but this topic is more for listing the hidden ones in dungeons/towns/etc.

Thanks though for the input.

---
#6BiifcakePosted 8/4/2009 11:28:03 PM
Gigas Gators seem to drop tails for me. They are usually in a battle by themselves as well, so it is very easy to beat, and being one opponent, I would think it would be exploitable for a RNG for the Silver Tail. I know for a fact they drop them.
#7mynockxPosted 8/5/2009 6:45:07 AM
You can find out which monsters drop Bronze and Silver Tails by using my bestiary (it includes every drop for every monster now). There are several. To save you all the trouble I'll list them here:
Sand Worm, Hundlegs, Adamantoise (bronze only), Gigas Gator, Alligator, Splasher (bronze only), Basilisk (bronze only), Hydra, and Ettin Snake.

I don't deal with RNG manipulation, but with all those different monsters I would imagine that someone will find something eventually.
---
---The Mynock
Visit mynockxff4.forumer.com for FF4: The After Years discussion & to download latest versions of my FF4AY Guides.
#8NakedJoe4EvaPosted 8/5/2009 8:53:14 AM
bump
---
You think pain is wrong, I think it is all that is required to live. One can not have lived until they have truly suffered.
#9Hours_Left(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2009 8:46:26 PM
*bump*

---
#10slo_broPosted 8/11/2009 11:26:33 PM
*bump*

Just to kinda make this a one-stop shop for Bronze and Silver Tails, and for the heck of it, I'll post the most useful Bronze Tail RNGs here. To my knowledge there are no known Silver Tail RNGs.

*For all methods in this post*
Save outside Kaipo. Reset. Enter the first Hundlegs/Sand Worm fight.

*Early (if a guard still has a 2x attack multiplier)*
Use the band Feast of the Land. Immediately after, have a guard with a 2x multiplier attack and kill the Hundlegs. Finish the battle.

*If Harley's attack multiplier is 4x*
Edward Bardsongs the enemy party. Harley attacks and kills Hundlegs. Finish the battle.

*If Harley's attack multiplier is 5x*
Edward Bardsongs one enemy. Harley attacks and kills Hundlegs. Finish the battle.

*If Ed's & Harley's multipliers are 6x*
Button mash I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Credit goes to the people The Mystical One already credited in the FAQ.