Wii or PSP Version?

#11nat31790Posted 11/1/2012 11:56:13 PM
Overall, the PSP is better,

PSP version is better because you get everything about Final Fantasy IV in one buy, unlike the Wii version where you have to buy multiple DLC's just to finish the game. The PSP version also has the remade version of the original game and the midquel (originally a DLC for Wii version). PSP also has more dungeons and systems added, considering it's an update remake.

However, the Wii also has some superior aspects.

Due to the graphic being made in similarities to the original SNES game, you get a nostalgic feeling by playing it. You feel much more old school even though you're playing a modern game. Plus, the Wii has FF6-style sprites, which I preferred 10 times more than the PSP graphic, which is overly awkward. Imagine that the PSP's graphic makes you feel the same as you're playing Corpse Party, you'd think this version of FFIV has been made with older versions of RPG Maker.

Gameplay is no different, I believe. You still never have band and moon phase in the original FFIV in PSP.
#12knightmere122(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 6:12:44 AM
nat31790 posted...
Overall, the PSP is better,

PSP version is better because you get everything about Final Fantasy IV in one buy, unlike the Wii version where you have to buy multiple DLC's just to finish the game. The PSP version also has the remade version of the original game and the midquel (originally a DLC for Wii version). PSP also has more dungeons and systems added, considering it's an update remake.

However, the Wii also has some superior aspects.

Due to the graphic being made in similarities to the original SNES game, you get a nostalgic feeling by playing it. You feel much more old school even though you're playing a modern game. Plus, the Wii has FF6-style sprites, which I preferred 10 times more than the PSP graphic, which is overly awkward. Imagine that the PSP's graphic makes you feel the same as you're playing Corpse Party, you'd think this version of FFIV has been made with older versions of RPG Maker.

Gameplay is no different, I believe. You still never have band and moon phase in the original FFIV in PSP.

You make some good points. I also prefer the old school style graphics more.
---
Cincinnati Sports and Buckeye Fan 4 Life