Guaranteed good treasure method for Yang's Challenge Dungeon

#1KafukafuKaPosted 11/20/2012 10:44:43 PM
The guaranteed drop guide lacks a method for Yang's dungeon (which is extremely boring and tedious with all those encounters!), so I set out to find one and I think I got one.

- Save at the Fabul Inn right beside Challengingway
- Reset and load.
- As soon as the game is loaded, hold dash and go two squares upward.
- Then, dash all the way to the left through the inn beds.
- As soon as you reach the left wall, dash right until you reach above Challengingway.
- Dash down and talk to Challengingway to enter the dungeon.
- Now, you may do whatever you want inside. The final chest will contain a good treasure.

I hope this method is a legit one, as in I didn't get the good treasures by dumb luck. Less X-potions, more good gears!

This was tested in waning moon, but it probably works in other moons.
#2KafukafuKa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:07:38 PM
Nevermind, this needs more testing and refinement. There's a chance that whatever you do inside does matter for Yang's challenge.
#3KafukafuKa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 11:29:30 PM
The drop for non-final chests do change depending on what you do in dungeon, but the final drop doesn't change.

It's hard to find a method for this one because there's no randomly moving NPC's to base your timing on... Maybe that's why there's no method out there for this one...
#4KafukafuKa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 3:43:49 AM
This seems more valid.

- Save at Fabul Inn
- Reset and load the save
- Do the following with as few steps as possible:
> exit the inn
> take the stairs upward
> take the door downward and go out
> take the door right of you into the east tower
- If you did the previous step correctly, the monk in red pants should walk down, left, up, and right (returning to where he was initially). As that monk walks right, quickly get out of the east tower.
- Go back to Challengingway with as few steps as possible.
- Talk to him and enter the dungeon. Whatever you do inside should not matter.

* The number of steps seem to matter, but the exact path of your travel does not matter.
* Tested on waning and new moon