"3DRB" and "TS" in depth chart?

#1CancerPantsPosted 4/28/2010 11:29:13 AM
I thought "3DRB" would allow you to set a specific 3rd down running back. This would be a great feature since in my franchise I have a pretty good speed and power RBs. But no matter what I set here my #1 RB is still in on 3rd down.

and "TS"...?
#2trojancharger99Posted 4/28/2010 1:53:05 PM
3DRB is 3rd Down Running Back. This is for passing plays i think

LS is Long Snapper. This is for Punts/Field Goals
---
FIGHT ON USC (PSN: trojancharger9 and kosmothelegend)
Not changing this until USC wins BCS or until Chargers win Super Bowl. Started 9-11-06. FIGHT ON!!
#3trojancharger99Posted 4/28/2010 1:53:52 PM
3DRB is 3rd Down Running Back. This works for passing plays

LS is Long Snapper. This works for Punts/ Field Goals
---
Not changing this until USC wins BCS or until Chargers win Super Bowl. Started 9-11-06. FIGHT ON!!
#4CancerPants(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2010 2:34:32 PM
So the 3rd down back only goes in for pass plays on 3rd down? I guess I can see the use if your starting back isn't a good receiving back. But it's pretty much opposite my play style though. Guess my FB will continue to star on 3rd/short. He's made the Pro-Bowl 4 years straight now :)

Is their any reason the depth chart would put my TE as the top long snapper instead of some of my O-line guys that are 20 better rated for it? Snapper isn't a recieving target in any of the fakes right?
#5trojancharger99Posted 4/28/2010 3:04:13 PM
the depth chart shows what the teams are currently using, not what the highest rated player is.

the reason teams put backup tight ends is so that their star lineman don't get hurt

for basic running plays, they put the #1 back in. for speed plays and passing plays, they put #1 on 3DRB

most teams have power backs at 1 and speed backs as 3DRB.

for example, Saints have Thomas as #1 back, but Bush as 3DRB.
---
#6CancerPants(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2010 3:28:16 PM
Right, that's why I was baffled to see the computer had my #1 TE at the top instead of even some of the 2nd string O-line guys that still have a better rating at the position. I always order the depth chart myself rather than rely on letting the computer auto-sort. But never looked at LS really since I had no idea what it was.

As far as HB/3DRB, passing plays with the HB as the target(screen, HB angle, etc) still use the #1 HB correct?

What constitues a "speed" play exactly? In my first game with a 3DRB different from my #1HB I coulnd't tell that he was in any more regularly or in any sort of pattern of play types/formations than he was previously from random fatigue subbing.
#7fallenangel427Posted 4/29/2010 11:32:04 PM
It's distance that determines what back is in on 3rd down. Think about it, if it is 3rd and 2 and running play still makes sense, so a larger back is kept in. It also keeps the defence honest on play action.
---
"So you're Chekov, huh? Well, this here's McCoy. Find a Spock, we got us an away team." Conner Boondock Saints