Dante Stallworth suspended for the season.....

#1hbk842Posted 8/13/2009 8:01:34 AM
He is lucky he didn't get more than that....
#2AkikoShikataPosted 8/13/2009 8:05:38 AM
Stallworthless

Who cares
---
EXEC_CHRONICLE_KEY/.
((`'.(`'.-~ The Star Singer ~-.').'))
#3trenkenPosted 8/13/2009 8:10:42 AM
Can anyone please explain to me why he isnt going to sit in prison for at least the next 10-15 years? Dude got drunk, drive, killed someone and spent a month in jail? Nice legal system we have.

I dont want to see murderers playing in the sport I love. Im glad hes out all year, and it will pain me to see him come back next year to make millions after killing an innocent man. Thats justice right there boy.

---
Go Giants, Mets and Knicks!
I am the infamous Trollken!
#4bogart69Posted 8/13/2009 8:15:34 AM

trenken posted...
Can anyone please explain to me why he isnt going to sit in prison for at least the next 10-15 years? Dude got drunk, drive, killed someone and spent a month in jail? Nice legal system we have.

I dont want to see murderers playing in the sport I love. Im glad hes out all year, and it will pain me to see him come back next year to make millions after killing an innocent man. Thats justice right there boy.

---

I agree but this is about greed.. The family accepted $ instead of jail time so they made a deal.. Problem is now that he is suspended without pay , will they even see the $$ ??...

#5trenkenPosted 8/13/2009 8:22:50 AM
Im sure the family wanted money, but he needs to be punished. Pisses me off to hear about this, but at least the NFL is doing something.

---
#6AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 8:22:53 AM

I would strongly, strongly suggest that you read the details of the case before jumping to conclusions. I'll give you all the 'Cliff Notes' version:

1. The victim was found at fault by Police investigators and according to eye witnesses, he clearly ran between two packed cars, not at a stop sign or crosswalk and ran across the street.
2. This was not a hit and run. Stallworth stopped immediately, called the police from his cell phone and stayed with the man.
3. According to a source within the DAs office, if Stallworth did not have alcohol in his system there would not be any jail time and it is unlikely he would have been charged at all because he wasn't even speeding.

I think the main question we need to ask is why Roger Goodell thinks he should be the one to talk one the role of the justice system. Despite what you may think or believe Vick was a convicted felon with 2 years of jail time, Stallworth was not. Why should Vick get only 4 games, when Stallworth gets a whole season?

Our legal system found that Vick's crime was worse, it does not matter whether you agree with that or not... Roger Goodell is becoming a meglomaniac with his power.
---
XBL: Aussie Jim
Playing: X360- Blazblue, Battlefield 1943~~PC: Battlefield Heroes
#7trenkenPosted 8/13/2009 8:26:30 AM
"I would strongly, strongly suggest that you read the details of the case before jumping to conclusions. I'll give you all the 'Cliff Notes' version: "

Orly? Dude was found to be legally drunk, was driving, had time enough to flash the guy (so donte says), but still hit him? Lulz, yeah nothing wrong happened there, only worthyenough of a 30 day penalty. You cant even talk back to a cop without getting 30 days in the pen. Dude was drunk and killed someone.

The justice system is garbage. This has been known for decades.

---
#8NexusMakoPosted 8/13/2009 8:30:28 AM
I have some family members he can run over fo sum cash.
#9Kyle901Posted 8/13/2009 8:30:52 AM
Our legal system is guilty till proven innocent for most people and innocent regardless for rich and famous people. Has been for a long time.
---
What seems to be the officer problem? -Randy Marsh
Lets Go Seahawks and Mariners! **** the OKC Thunder!!!!
#10AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 8:35:41 AM
I never said 'nothing wrong happened' not once.... he got his 30 days for being drunk and killing someone. That doesn't diminish the fact that the victim was at fault.

If a pedestrian chooses to cross the street at a non-marked point and is obscured by parked cars there is a certain degree of responsibility placed on the pedestrian. Regardless of whether Stallworth was able to honk his horn, or flash his lights it is still the pedestrian's fault. There is no leagal onus on Stallworth

I grew up in a city of 6.5 million people, the vast majority of which are pedestrians. There are rules of the road that you must follow.

Stallworth's crime was that he was drunk, it was the pedestrian's fault he was killed. Simple as that.
---
XBL: Aussie Jim
Playing: X360- Blazblue, Battlefield 1943~~PC: Battlefield Heroes