Dante Stallworth suspended for the season.....

#11Bolt ThrowerPosted 8/13/2009 10:13:44 AM
Hell, Stallworth's punishment was stiffer than what Vince Neil of Motley Crue got and Vince killed one person and seriously injured two others:

In late 1984, Finnish hard rock band Hanoi Rocks was on their first American tour; on December 8, their drummer Nicholas Dingley (aka Razzle) visited Neil's home and spent the day at Redondo Beach. After partying for hours, the two men decided to take a trip to a local liquor store in Neil's De Tomaso Pantera. Neil, who was drunk, lost control of the car and hit an opposing vehicle. The two occupants of the other car were seriously injured, and Dingley was killed. Neil was charged with vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence of alcohol in connection with the crash. His blood alcohol level was .17, well above the California legal limit of .08.

In July 1986, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Edward Hinz, Jr. sentenced Neil to 30 days in jail, five years probation, $2.6 million in restitution to the victims of the crash and 200 hours of community service. Neil got out of jail in 15 days for good behavior.
#12roflwafflesaucePosted 8/13/2009 11:27:00 AM
This

"I think the main question we need to ask is why Roger Goodell thinks he should be the one to talk one the role of the justice system."
#13Liquid_capsulePosted 8/13/2009 11:38:56 AM
I think the penalty is a bit too harsh, why does the NFL have the right to punish someone more than the actual law has a right too?
#14theeboredonePosted 8/13/2009 11:42:15 AM
That's like asking "Why should I be fired from my job if I already served time for committing my crime". Generally, you do get fired.
---
Brawl FC: 2578-2806-8664 (Bored) // PSN: Theeboredone
AIM: Theeboredone
#15JudmentsHandPosted 8/13/2009 11:43:22 AM
the same reason your boss can fire you for things that arnt necissarily against the law. stallworth broke a policy set in place by the league that dealt with substance abuse
---
Proud Indianapolis Colts Fan
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Spike_Fury/1189197435370.jpg
#16Sir MiradoPosted 8/13/2009 11:44:45 AM
AussieJames, go get drunk, and recreate the same scenario and enjoy your thirty days in jail... Oh wait, you would go to prison for years, guaranteed. If you think otherwise, your crazy. You would do a decade in a prison and no one would hear about it.

Yes, it helped his case because he handled a bad situation well, (not running). But he got off easy due to status.
---
five to one,and one to five
no one here,gets out alive~ The Doors
#17Liquid_capsulePosted 8/13/2009 11:46:27 AM
I understand that, but I still think it's a harsh penalty, it's only really to set an example for the rest of the league. Stallworth himself doesn't seem like a multiple offender/trouble maker?
#18walbebPosted 8/13/2009 11:47:33 AM

NexusMako posted...
I have some family members he can run over fo sum cash.

Classic hahaha.

#19AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 11:47:58 AM
That's like asking "Why should I be fired from my job if I already served time for committing my crime". Generally, you do get fired.

Not exactly... you would have a point if the Cleveland Browns suspended him for bringing the team into disrepute, but not the NFL as a whole.

The main problem I have with Goodell in this issue is Vick getting 4 games and Stallworth getting a full season. Goodell had to ask Vick to meet with him after he was released, whereas Stallworth scheduled a meeting and threw himself on the mercy of the comissioner and he was punished for it.

Screw throwing the book at Stallworth, impeach Goodell.
---
XBL: Aussie Jim
Playing: X360- Blazblue, Battlefield 1943~~PC: Battlefield Heroes
#20moonshine58Posted 8/13/2009 11:52:54 AM
i agree with aussie the pedestrian was at fault here. The court determined that even if stallworth wasnt drunk he wouldnt have been able to properly manuever his car without causing injury to the victim. The penalty is pretty harsh suspended the whole year>>i dont understand why the nfl and Goddell in particular continue to punish athletes who have already paid their dues legally.