Dante Stallworth suspended for the season.....

#21Liquid_capsulePosted 8/13/2009 10:53:15 AM
It's a really down to who is the star player who will help the NFL earn more money and who is not that player, therefore Vick can play this year and Stallworth can not.

Imagine, if Vick or Stallworth were white? would things have turned out differently? especially for Vick? would the penalities be more harsh? maybe.
#22AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 10:53:27 AM
AussieJames, go get drunk, and recreate the same scenario and enjoy your thirty days in jail... Oh wait, you would go to prison for years, guaranteed. If you think otherwise, your crazy. You would do a decade in a prison and no one would hear about it.

Yes, it helped his case because he handled a bad situation well, (not running). But he got off easy due to status.

The prison sentence isn't the argument... it's Tzar Goodell handing down punishment's as he sees fit. He's using Stallworth as the scapegoat to take attention away from Michael Vick.

He's saying that 'Stallworth brought the league into disrepute' do you have any idea how many people get charged with DUIs every day? I can tell you it's a hell of a lot more than people torturing and killing animals.

I would get roughly 30 days in prison... I have never had a DUI (like Stallworth) and it would be a first time offense. I have a sister in law who is a district attorney in my home state and I think you would be shocked to see what actually gets you put in prison for an extended period.

It's not the justice department's leniency on Stallworth that's in question, but rather Goodell not being able to objectively hand out punishment's in line with what our legal system has deemed neccesary. Furthermore, like it or not, the NFL set a precidence on this exact case with Leonard Little (6 games suspension) and just because there's a new sherriff in town doesn't mean that previous penalty cannot be used as reference..
---
XBL: Aussie Jim
Playing: X360- Blazblue, Battlefield 1943~~PC: Battlefield Heroes
#23Eagles2313Posted 8/13/2009 10:57:28 AM
well i guess the browns are gonna even stink more lol
---
i don't have a signature..geeeese
#24JudmentsHandPosted 8/13/2009 11:04:42 AM
if mike vick was white he wouldnt be fighting dogs.

feel free to call me racist but its simply true. im not saying anything about black people other than its a culture difference.
---
Proud Indianapolis Colts Fan
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Spike_Fury/1189197435370.jpg
#25PickYourNamePosted 8/13/2009 11:21:05 AM
If a chairmen for Mothers Against Drunk Driving got a DUI, don't you think that MADD would have a right to fire that person? Even if that person did their time and was already out of jail? It's all about how you want your organization percieved by the public.

What I'm getting at is that dog fighting doesn't look nearly as bad as vehicular manslaughter while drunk, so Goodell did the right thing for his organization (the NFL) by making Stallworths punishment worse than Vicks. It makes the NFL look better.

The public wouldn't take kindly to Stallworth getting off easier than Vick because, even though the courts found Vicks crime to be more severe, most people do not.
---
Life is very dangerous no one gets out of it alive
#26lottery11Posted 8/13/2009 11:26:16 AM
He actually didn't do it. It's a conspiracy that the NFL has against Cleveland. They thought stallworth might help this year because he is healthy so they had to eliminate that problem.
---
GT- Lottery11
#27AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 11:27:30 AM
If a chairmen for Mothers Against Drunk Driving got a DUI, don't you think that MADD would have a right to fire that person? Even if that person did their time and was already out of jail? It's all about how you want your organization percieved by the public.

What I'm getting at is that dog fighting doesn't look nearly as bad as vehicular manslaughter while drunk, so Goodell did the right thing for his organization (the NFL) by making Stallworths punishment worse than Vicks. It makes the NFL look better.

The public wouldn't take kindly to Stallworth getting off easier than Vick because, even though the courts found Vicks crime to be more severe, most people do not.

1. MADD is an organization that stands against drunk driving... that's not a fair comparison. Of course someone engaging in activity that goes against the credo and mission statement of said organization would bring it into disrepute. Poor analogy.

2. Take a look at the outroar over the Vick case, now take a look at the outroar over the Stallworth case. Tell me what the American public deem more severe. Last time I checked no organization were threatening to protest if Stallworth came back into the league, and last time I checked Rachel Nichols wasn't outside the jail when Stallworth was released.

Most people find Vick's crime VASTLY more heinous than Stallworth's. That's the simple truth, whether you agree or not with that is a seperate issue.
---
XBL: Aussie Jim
Playing: X360- Blazblue, Battlefield 1943~~PC: Battlefield Heroes
#28JudmentsHandPosted 8/13/2009 11:30:04 AM
meh peta's just plain crazy. they throw blood on people. dont see alcohol groups doing that.^
---
Proud Indianapolis Colts Fan
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Spike_Fury/1189197435370.jpg
#29ReggieBush09Posted 8/13/2009 11:30:25 AM
Who runs across a highway?

I dont get it let me tell you I've tried to cross a highway entrance in san francisco highway and the cars were going at least 50 miles an hour so if I got hit then it was my fault? huh? so its okay to cross a highway where you know cars are traveling at high speeds oh but Donte was drunk! okay!

If donte wasn't drunk it would have been the mans fault for doing such a dangerous act.
---
my name is bust thats what they call me
#30ReggieBush09Posted 8/13/2009 11:33:06 AM
If donte hit the man on the cross walk then so be it crucify donte.

---
my name is bust thats what they call me