Dante Stallworth suspended for the season.....

#31AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 12:35:04 PM
meh peta's just plain crazy. they throw blood on people. dont see alcohol groups doing that.^

Take PETA (who are insane) out of the equation. I'll reword my statement:

"Do any team season ticket holders say they will cancel their PSLs if their team signs Stallworth?"
---
XBL: Aussie Jim
Playing: X360- Blazblue, Battlefield 1943~~PC: Battlefield Heroes
#32PickYourNamePosted 8/13/2009 12:37:57 PM
If Stallworth was allowed to play, you'd hear a lot more out of the public. I think most are content with Goodells ruling and angry with the justice systems.
---
Life is very dangerous no one gets out of it alive
#33pimpmoney718Posted 8/13/2009 12:41:14 PM
i bet if tom brady was to fight dogs no one would even cares but when vick bet on dog fights it a big problem white get away with everything just saying call me racist i don't care
#34AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 12:41:22 PM
I would hasten to argue that 99% of the people ready to crucify Stallworth only heard:

"30 days in prison for DUI and vehicular manslaughter"

I was outraged too when I first heard it, then when I read all the details I was able to make an informed change of opinion. Conversely, I have read the details of the Vick trial forwards and backwards and there is no identifying, condoning or justification of Vick's position.

Ignorance is not an acceptable excuse for being uninformed.
---
#35green butterPosted 8/13/2009 12:42:21 PM
I think everyone here is forgetting that the family of the guy Stallworth killed is accepting money as a settlement, so I'm sure everyone here is at fault: Donte for killing a man while being drunk (i have seen people crossing highways before when I was driving and I didnt hit them), the family for valuing money over justice, and the court system for allowing something like this to happen.
---
America Loves Green Butter
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/479/photo1ndk.jpg
#36AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 12:43:03 PM
i bet if tom brady was to fight dogs no one would even cares but when vick bet on dog fights it a big problem white get away with everything just saying call me racist i don't care

I will... you are being completely, and utterly racist on this matter.

Furthermore, Vick didn't just 'bet on dog fights'.

I think you need to read more into the matter.
---
#37reflex7Posted 8/13/2009 12:44:27 PM
It's Circular logic in the NFL. Allow Vick to play but not Stall.

They both need shock treatment.
---
Israel Defense Forces
#38dahkmetnPosted 8/13/2009 12:45:09 PM
Lets take a look at facts here for a mintue:

Stallworth had time to flash his lights-but not put a foot on the brake
Stallworth was driving drunk (over the legal limit) at 7am in a Bentley
Stallworth had signed a huge contract but can not afford a 20.00 cab when he knew he had been drinking (or had a car service, or called a freind who was not drunk or a host of other options available to him)
Stallworth had the bucks to buy himself out of serious jailtime
The judge was lenient (or bought off)
Stallworth killed a husband and a father
Stallwort to miss a season of football (OMG the world is going to end)

Vick lied to his team, the Feds, the NFL commissioner, his fans and the public
Vick funded the ILLEGAL dog fighting ring
Vick was found to have participated in killing dogs who did not perform well
Vick served two years in jail (should have got more but money paved the way for him to get less)
Vick killed (yes dogs, but murder is still murder when someone or something can not defend against their killers)

Both men were found guilty of killing, both men are black so it is not a race issue, both men had money to buy themselves less jail time, both men were assets to their respective teams, both men were cheered by millions.

The difference: Michael Vick is a household name-even someone who has never even seen a football, watched a footbal game or care one iota about football knows who Vick is and the NFL MUST do what they can to untarnish the reputation that Vick layed on the NFL-therefore he will get to play. Donte who?

In my personal opinion both men should be banned for life. I will not support any team that Vick plays on-even if it my beloved Vikings. Nor will I support any team Stallworth plays on even if my beloved Vikings.

Both men killed-both men deserve a lifetime ban.
Vick should NEVER be allowed to play in the NFL for life. Plain and simple. He is a convicted felon and a murderer. Does not matter if he killed a animal or a human being, he is in fact a killer and should be banned for life. I along with millions of others around the world will refuse to support Vick or any team he is one even if it my beloved Vikings.

Stallworth should also be banned for life-he is also a killer. This time a father and husband.

What is the crime rate for football players?? Seems pretty high starting with Oj, Little, Stallworth, Vick and too many others to list.
---
50 year old female gamer and currently playing MLB 07, MLB 08, MLB 09 Burnout Paradise, Mario 3. I am new to online so have patience:
gamertag is: dahkme
#39PickYourNamePosted 8/13/2009 12:45:38 PM
I think everyone here is forgetting that the family of the guy Stallworth killed is accepting money as a settlement, so I'm sure everyone here is at fault: Donte for killing a man while being drunk (i have seen people crossing highways before when I was driving and I didnt hit them), the family for valuing money over justice, and the court system for allowing something like this to happen.

That about sums it up.
---
Life is very dangerous no one gets out of it alive
#40AussieJamesPosted 8/13/2009 12:48:35 PM

I mean no offense in this, but do you know how our legal system works?

There are criminal charges (that you get incarceration for) and civil charges (monatary settlements).

One has no bearing on the other. The state charges against Stallworth put him in prison. If Stallworth and the family had not reached a settlement they would have likely sued him in civil court. The family of the victim were fairly poor and he had no life insurance, a funeral costs alot of money. The settlement allowed for the funeral to take place quickly rather than being dragged out in court for years.

The family didn't 'value money over justice' as they had no say in what happened in the criminal trial, that was dependant on the district attorney's office and the judge presiding over the case. All that the settlement avoided was a long, protracted civil trial.
---