so what needs to happen for steelers to make it to playoffs??????

#1stabitoPosted 12/27/2009 6:45:51 PM
i know they have to win and i know the jets have to lose but who else needs to lose..... i hope they can still make it even if broncos and ravens win because if it comes down to one of these teams losing next week its pretty much no playoffs for steelers
---
Lifes greatest mystery http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=75249&topic=43886398 can YOU!!! explain it
#2GirlInsomniacPosted 12/27/2009 7:40:32 PM
lets assume that the Steelers beat Miami. Because if they lose to Miami there is absolutely NO chance of getting into the playoffs, not even if every other team loses.

So assuming that they beat Miami, it easier to list all the teams that have to win than lose.

1) Houston win
2) Jets win
3) Ravens win

if any 2 of these 3 happen, the Steelers DO NOT make the playoffs. What Denver does has basically has no effect on the Steelers. It all about these 3 games. To clarifly...if only 1 of these teams ^^ win, Steelers make the playoffs w/ the sixth seed.

Hope this helps
#3rangeraaPosted 12/27/2009 7:43:44 PM

I hope all three win next week

#4Freakboy2015Posted 12/27/2009 7:49:25 PM
yea, seriously. The Ravens and Jets are my 2 favorite teams
#5drocanonPosted 12/27/2009 7:57:44 PM
The Steelers NEED to beat Miami next week and Houston needs to loose, not a stretch based on the match up. If Houston or Miami wins the Steelers are out as all for AFC Division Champs have been crowned, and the Broncos have locked in a wild card or are pretty close to doing so.
---
XLGT-Drocanon
Pokemon Platinum FC: 4340-2337-2241; Player Name: Chris
#6sevensquaredPosted 12/28/2009 12:36:06 AM
This is the entire playoff scenario in the AFC:

If the Ravens(at Oakland) and Jets(vs Cincinnati) win, they get the Wild Card spots.

If the Ravens OR Jets lose AND the Broncos(vs Kansas City) win, the Broncos get a Wild Card spot.

If the Broncos AND either the Jets OR Ravens lose AND the Texans(vs New England) win, the Texans get a playoff spot, for the first time ever.

If three of these teams, Broncos, Ravens, Jets or Texans, lose next week AND the Steelers(at Miami) win, the Steelers would get a playoff spot.

I hope this answers your question.

Note: All of this information came from NFL.com.
--
If a man blames his wife for anything, you will more than likely find him sleeping on the couch.
#7dinexreverse1Posted 12/28/2009 1:49:50 AM
---Why the titans can't be in this mix? They split with jags n texans and beat Miami
--- RIP Steve Mc Nair Gamescore 90thou. Titans win again!!!!! and the giants are frauds 3 teams put 40 on them.
#8sevensquaredPosted 12/28/2009 1:54:24 AM
Why the titans can't be in this mix? They split with jags n texans and beat Miami

Because they're 4-8 in the conference. Which is worse than everyone not named the Bills or Chiefs.

---
If a man blames his wife for anything, you will more than likely find him sleeping on the couch.