Why does the sound of the gunshots disappear sometimes?

#1SixStringSamuaiPosted 1/12/2010 8:24:46 PM
Like when I take a guy hostage and use him as a shield and then zoom in to shoot someone, the sound of my gun will literally go mute for a second. There are a couple other instances where the sound of my gunshot seems to disappear for a couple of seconds.

Anyone else notice this?

---
"So far I've been concentrating on making a team of Asian women in cat outfits."
#2SixStringSamuai(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2010 8:27:36 PM
Also, does anyone else notice the sound of gunshots in general just seem to be underwhelming? They seem too quiet and don't have the big bang that they should have.

I'm using surround sound, and it's still kinda meh.

---
"So far I've been concentrating on making a team of Asian women in cat outfits."
#3EyeSeeNo1Posted 1/12/2010 8:33:53 PM
I notice my shots go silent only when I start glowing blue. But some of the guns sound quiet, but others like the M4 sound good.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/R1ddleMeTh1s.png
#4SixStringSamuai(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2010 8:40:08 PM
^ Yeah I noticed that too, I'm not sure if that was a glitch or a design choice. I also notice that your guns go quiet when you or your partner talks.

There should have been a way to turn up the sfx for this game. Because the audio in that dept is very disappointing :(

---
#5StaticPenguinPosted 1/12/2010 8:46:06 PM
Seems more like a design choice to show that you're not attracting attention if your partner has the aggro.
---
A-are you eating a sandwich!? You're the sound guy! We can hear that! ****! ~ Claptrap