best ships???

#1engraphosPosted 4/25/2009 3:54:32 PM

what are the best ships from game??

#2ZenislezPosted 4/26/2009 11:59:36 PM
To tell you the truth, this board is probably dead. And in the original forum too. Nonetheless, I will try to help you. Since I love this game so much
There's nothing best in this game, since it depends on your luck (if they are available to sale and your speed to get it since good ship lost so fast probably bought by others). However there is a little run down of it.
Stay out of GENERAL Liner, Diplomat, Transport and Warrior hull. Liner, Diplomat and Transport hull indeed have large hull size (thus it's cargo capacity), they usually only have 2 weapon slots and sometimes no droid or protection generator slots. While the warrior hull usually have no gripper which mean you can't collect your loot and no artifact slot. ONLY use Liner, Diplomat and Transport if you want to be a trader and make sure you have good engine (to run away from pirate) and Afterburner/Boost (sure, it's damage your engine but your life and your cargo is more important).
However, one time or another there is some hull named series (example series "armourer") and usually have enchanced capability (and price!). Some of the series is bad, but if you find series Ideal and have big hull capacity, get it!. Ideal series have all slots open, making it very powerfull with weapons and artifact.
Other than the usual hull there some other type as well. There's Unique ship and uncommon ship (though the last one never been mentioned. Probably only mod in my game?)
Military unique ship (rank at least ace, character minimal fighter, destroy 50 pirate)
Rock - 1200 hull - all slot open - armor +20 - droid repair +20 each turn
Extremely though, but slow as a turtle even with best engine and light equipment. Not to mention it's looks and color is horrid.
Sience unique ship (rank at least ace, done 20 quest, destroy 500 dominator (!))
Bolid - 1000 hull - speed +200 - jump distance +20 - radar range+1000 - armor-5
Even with such a large hull, this ship is speed demon (moreso with certain artifact) but quite weak at slugging with the enemy because of it's armor penalty even with good protection. Love the look and color since it kinda looks like Outlaw Star
Pirate unique ship
I have't got it. Any information?
And uncommon one
Rapid Housing (Speed up)
Mioplasmatic Housing (Energy and Fragmentation weapon damage up)
Maintenance Housing (Droid repairing+20)
Pigamar Housing (Missile weapon ammo up)
Invulnerable Housing (Protection generator up)
---
There's no easy answer to a hard question.....
#3jutetreaPosted 4/27/2009 9:44:47 AM

Not sure about the reboot, just played the standard SR 2 but somewhere out there (possibly on gamespot for SR 2) there are lists of all the different hull types, recommendations, slots, etc. Not sure if they translate to the reboot. Hopefully going to play it soon as I really enjoyed SR 2.

#4engraphos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2009 10:56:14 AM

to "Zanilez"..10x a lot man...i just discover this game a couple of days and now is eating my times....i now is not a greate game for many but is realy fun for me..so what i made in game, for now i have a best ship for me...with all upgrades i have:

beggin the game with race Faeyian - marchant (i have a good ship at start)

Accuracy and Maneuverability are the best starting skills, for me

1091 speed (with artefact Matter psi-accelerator )

65%+26 defence

artefact Droid-Junior + Bolid Droid 37+ 4 (they repair my ship preaty fast)

the ship is a "Invulnerable Housing lll Panzer" series Black Widow"

(very hard to find, i was luky and i was near the location of selling...with the lazy ship i have ...just the blind luck)

weapons i have 4 or 3 turbogravir and 1 or 2 dezintegrators + 2 pods missiles and 1 torpedo

on normal difficulty i kill alone all Dominators from a system, with my speed they even tuch with missiles or torpedos

=========

but, for have this i did a lot trade and finde all i could tranforme in money, i was like a gypsi of galaxy steall and sell all i can...ha ha

--------------------

so theat i find myself playing the game, about the best ship....almost all are good but you need to upgrade

#5ZenislezPosted 4/27/2009 11:24:50 PM
Don't forget to use micromodule and the lightest equipment for maximum speed and some artifact (nozlenator, psi accelerator, anti gravitazer). And while we still at it, try to get mioplasmatic equipment (engine, fuel tank, radar, scanner, droid, gripper, and protective generator). At lvl III each of them give bonus damage to energy weapon (+5) and fragment (+6 if I'm not wrong). Imagine you equip all of them, you get bonus energy weapon damage by 35! This bonus is nothing to scoff at since the best upgraded turbogravir will do maximum damage as 120+35. To make it more insane take proportionar (halves your protective generator then put that halve to energy weapon damage, so in your case will be 32) and micromodule (example zzenia) and your turbogravir will do 120+35+32+20= 207 maximum damage! Add fiver and for the third salvo will do even more damage. Of course, that if your opponent have no protective generator. But even with 50% protection, those enemies still have to deal with up to 100 maximum damage, and you carry five weapon. Bear in mind though, it adjust your maximum damage, but NOT your MINIMAL DAMAGE, so don't complain if you use this setup and still sometime see 30 damage against 50% protection enemy. I manage to one turn shot down the smallest dominator even with 50% protection and can make the biggest dominator without protection down with only two salvo.
There's a catch though, Mioplasmatic equipment is rare, and to find good quality, ability and light is even more rarer. I've got lucky to get 4 mioplasmatic equipment with good quality. Mioplasmatic fuel tank III with 76 fuel (add cramp micromodule) and weight 34 (buy it), Mioplasmatic scanner III with 48%+12% power (+impalegun) and weight only 20 (got lucky since I get it from business center "Lucky Draw"), Mioplasmatic Radar III with 4700+1500 Range (Minivision) and weight 25 (Got lucky since I find it while go to upgrade my newfound vertix), Mioplasmatic Capture III (gripper) power 500 distance 200 and weight at 20 (also lucky since I found it at pirate base to do emergency artifact repair).
---
There's no easy answer to a hard question.....
#6engraphos(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2009 12:24:11 AM
wow...10x a lot again...I did not know all these things...good to know...
#7engraphos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2009 3:32:34 PM

Zenislez posted...

Pirate unique ship

i have find what you want to know

Pirate unique ship

1100 hull, all slot open,

bonus energy weapons +15,

bonus missile +20,

bonus splinter weapons +30,

bonus speed +150

The requirements for the Pirate Unique Ship :

-Rank "Pirate", (Done)

-Rank no lower than Ace. (Done)

- Eliminated 100 Civil Ships.

..man this is indeed a pirat ship... what powerfull ...but the bad thing is theat for have this is very hard, if you destroy too many civilian ships from all the planets will want to hunt you

#8engraphos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2009 3:37:28 PM

Zenislez posted...

Pirate unique ship

i have find what you want to know

Pirate unique ship

1100 hull, all slot open,

bonus energy weapons +15,

bonus missile +20,

bonus splinter weapons +30,

bonus speed +150

The requirements for the Pirate Unique Ship :

-Rank "Pirate", (Done)

-Rank no lower than Ace. (Done)

- Eliminated 100 Civil Ships.

..man this is indeed a pirat ship... what powerfull ...but the bad thing is theat for have this is very hard, if you destroy too many civilian ships from all the planets will want to hunt you

#9engraphos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2009 3:44:40 PM

sorry for double post..the delet function not work..

i forget to tell ... for uniq pirat ship:

only transports and diplomat ships count