I hate steam so much

#21reaver894(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2010 12:26:44 PM
xlequltx

Doesnt work im afraid the codes are different lengths.
---
I refuse to buy a Wii until it has a game that uses a Fleshlight as an attachment!
GamerTag: reaver894
#22banjoherPosted 4/17/2010 2:31:07 PM
I'd advise ya send it back and screw steam. Then go to www.impulsedriven.com get it on impulse which is just like steam but without all the BS. I cant tell you how much better impulse is than steam and stardock is to valve (the companys that make/own the platforms). There just arnt words that properly convey it, but pretty much every single thing you hate about and all the problems you have with steam (especially piss poor customer service) you will not find with impluse. Including the thing I personally hated about empire total war which was steam had to be running in the background slowing my comp down while playing single player (impulse programs dont force you to do that).

viral marketing
#23Death SIayerPosted 4/17/2010 3:23:00 PM
I'd advise ya send it back and screw steam. Then go to www.impulsedriven.com get it on impulse which is just like steam but without all the BS. I cant tell you how much better impulse is than steam and stardock is to valve (the companys that make/own the platforms). There just arnt words that properly convey it, but pretty much every single thing you hate about and all the problems you have with steam (especially piss poor customer service) you will not find with impluse. Including the thing I personally hated about empire total war which was steam had to be running in the background slowing my comp down while playing single player (impulse programs dont force you to do that).

Yeah, buying games at 80% less than their retail value is screwing the gamer. **** steam! Or better yet, why don't you just get a real computer. To put things in perspective, steam takes up 37,400K while my internet browser is up over 100,000K memory. That's nothing. A drop in the bucket. You should have 2GB or 4GB+ of RAM by now. I've never seen a game take up anymore than 1GB. I never had a problem playing any steam games on my outdated computer, ME2 runs smooth. MW2 ran smooth. Dragon age also smoothly. I even keep the program in the background on games I DIDNT buy with steam it's not even noticeable

The problem in this topic is the TC. Why didn't he just make his own account? Took me like 2 minutes when I wanted to make mine for a left4dead demo.
---
"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You can't stare at it long, it's too risky. You get a sense of it then you look away."
#24Tzukasa7Posted 4/17/2010 4:11:25 PM
Its not viral marketing lmao I have no affiliation with any game company, just leting him know that there are other options for digital download and in the case of steam HELL of alot better option especially for customer service. And the price of steam games is a moot point because impulse as just as low if not lower prices and offer tons of 'indie' games like this one as well as big name ones.

For example of both price and customer service, I had bought mass effect on impulse and less than a week later they had a special deal on mass effect for 1/2 off so I sent them a mail asking if it was possible for me to get a partial refund on it seeing as how it had been less than a week between me paying full price and the 1/2 off deal (had it been a month it would be differant) and that I kinda felt like I had gotten shafted. They sent me a mail back saying we can't give refunds on EA products (which didnt supprise me knowing EA heh) but they would give me a credit equal to the discount on my next purchase.

Now if that had been steam they would have said sorry nothing we can do about that tough luck. Hell probably any other company at all would have said 'oh well sucks for you'
and I was actually expecting a sry cant do anything response but I figured it wouldnt hurt to try. I also had a similar issue with registery codes as the OP and they fixed it for me right off the bat without the BS run around that steam was giving him so ya...
#25mophisusPosted 4/17/2010 5:30:47 PM
easy way to fix this, that has been stated multiple times in this thread

go to taleworlds website
download mount and blade warband
input the cd key you got on your disk copy of the game
????
profit

seriously. you dont need to bother with steam at all, you have the cd key, you download the game straight from them, they have an option for that on the website.

three problems with your story
1. its not steams fault your father is a thief
2. if steam transferred keys that like, they would have to deal with people reselling games ( and with that the idea of theft if someone got ahold of the cd key), much easier to make keys a one time link to an account, and make the transferring of games so difficult ( requiring you to have the key and account name/password written on the manual,) that theft is much less likely
3. theres been the solution i posted in the thread for quite some time, and you still complain about steam. its not steams problem, its yours.
---
"The side effect of education should not be death by boredom and mediocrity"
http://bgmafia.com?q=land/fight/5991011
#26ForcefulBootPosted 4/17/2010 6:39:47 PM
easy fix buy a new dad
---
gigabyte ma790fxt-ud5p, AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE, Patriot DDR3, Radeon 4890, Powerbird 900 watt
#27xlequltxPosted 4/17/2010 6:45:53 PM
The code in the box is 25 digits. Steam gives the correct 20 digit one.
#28arik87Posted 4/17/2010 6:47:56 PM
Saying impulse is better is not viral marketing. It IS better, if your not buying any sales or old games, which steam does cheaper. But if you buy it new? Then I would go with impulse.
---
This message brought to you by Webster's Dictionary. Fighting Ebonics since 1994.
#29diabloboost2Posted 4/17/2010 7:50:03 PM

Saying impulse is better is not viral marketing. It IS better, if your not buying any sales or old games, which steam does cheaper. But if you buy it new? Then I would go with impulse.

Why? The items listed on ImpulseDriven are either a little more or higher. It is viral marketing. You don't have to be affiliated with anything to give an object free advertisement.

Why should I go with a digital download system that I had never heard of before until I found this thread? Valve has better customer service than most other companies and everyone I know never had problems with them.
---
Foxconn FlamingBlade, i7 920, GeForce GTS250 x2 SLI mode , 3x Corsair Dominator DDR3, 1TB HDD, CoolerMaster HAF, i-Inc 25in 1080p 2ms monitor
XBL: Starkadhr
#30reaver894(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2010 6:54:52 AM
quick update

still dont have access to dads steam account so cant get the 20 digit code
steam still havent got back to me
contacted the retailer where I got the game from and have asked them about thier returns policy explaining the situation in an unbiased way (ie not saying steams fault)

---
I refuse to buy a Wii until it has a game that uses a Fleshlight as an attachment!
GamerTag: reaver894