newbie questions

#1davva007Posted 4/23/2010 9:34:37 PM

Hi all!

Started playing warband (never played the orginial). It grew on me, but still didn't manage to figure out some stuff:

- what can I do with a captured count? (I can't sell him to a ransom dealer)

- how can I become a count/vassal and own villages/castles?

- is there any way to speed up the game while on map mode? I mean when I need to get to a far point is it possible with some sort of key combiantion to make the game speed up?

thanx in advance

Davva

#2salogel14Posted 4/23/2010 9:52:29 PM
- what can I do with a captured count? (I can't sell him to a ransom dealer) You can't sell him to a ransom dealer but his kingdom may offer you denars and you get to choose to release or keep the captured vassal. If you choose to keep you lose honour but it's to your advantage if you want to obliterate from whatever faction that vassal is because they will have one less vassal thus reduced army.

- how can I become a count/vassal and own villages/castles? You can become a vassal by swearing allegiance to a kingdom. Once you become a vassal you get one village. You can get a castle if the king gives it to you (the factor here is your relation with the king). For example you siege a castle and beat it you can ask the king to give it to you, if it's your first then he might give it to you. Later on it will be harder to get fiefs especially when you have beaten a faction and their vassals join your kingdom because the king might give a fief whether you captured it or not to a vassal with no fief. But I did a technique using the claimants (involves rebelling) that can get you more fiefs. - is there any way to speed up the game while on map mode? I mean when I need to get to a far point is it possible with some sort of key combiantion to make the game speed up?
I don't think you mean the speed rating of your party right? You mean like fast forward? I don't think there is and you wouldn't want that because you might encounter some enemy parties that are larger than yours.
#3NEO619Posted 4/24/2010 2:58:50 AM
1.a) wait for the faction of the prisoner to come and ransome him back, may take a period of time.
b)sometimes a few vassals of ur own country may suggest they might buy the the prisoner from u, when u visit them in their own castle or city.

2. u may swear allegiance to a faction and earn a village by meeting to the King of ur desired faction and select the specific topic "I want to become one of ur man bla bla',
when u meet some standard of 'RENOUN' and a decent relationship with the faction and king.

3.actually, u can set sth in the ini which i forget, btw u may do speed up in map by raising point in
path finding, reducing numbers of ur troops and not taking prisoners.

Cheers
#4davva007(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2010 6:17:38 PM

Thank you for your answers, it gets clearer every day...Now...I av became a vassal, what's next? :D

I mean how can u get more fiefs (conquering them?), how can u challange the king? Actually what u guys do, what should be the ultimate objective in the game?

#5PKMNsonyPosted 4/26/2010 6:59:20 PM
the ultimate objective is to rule all of calradia as the one king, and not as a vassal.

when your faction takes a fief, it is given to who the king thinks is most deserving, you can try to convince other vassals and the king themself to refer the fief to you. you cant challenge a king directly, but you can find a claimant and help them take the throne which gives you a bit more power than a regular vassal and more persuasion with the new king.
#6davva007(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2010 11:30:41 AM

I've managed to capture an enemy town and the King let me to take over the control of it, but than like 800 enemy soldiers appeared against my 60, and could't defend it.

So, like, how do u keep a town once conquested?

thanx: davva

#7121MolePosted 4/27/2010 3:46:16 PM
Get more/better soldiers.

I just took my second castle from the Rhodoks last night with 60 troops (about 40 of them were Mamlukes). I then spent the next hour or so defending my 2 castles against armies of up to 300 at a time. The last battle I fought was 20 Mamlukes & me vs 347 enemy troops. Getting some decent high health units to block the ladder while you rain arrows down on them is a good tactic.

I give myself 1,000 arrows in sieges because realistically you'd have a massive stockpile behind the walls.