Question about the trainer skill.

#1gruggnokPosted 4/17/2011 8:28:53 PM
How exactly does this work, and does it stack. I got trainer to level 3 and noticed my heroes leveling up but not my units, does trainer affect them or not? And it was giving me 16 exp every night, then it started giving 32, i was wondering if it stacked some how. And if it doesn't stack, do any skills?
---
I want to Begin thinking about black holes. Frequently, Victims of Reptiles.
#2bac_AlexanderPosted 4/17/2011 10:06:23 PM

The only skill that stacks is Trainer. It only stacks for receiving xp points at end of each game day. It does not stack for things such as quests were you have to train villagers.

If you read the description, you or your companions can only train units that are below the level of the trainer. So if you are level 5, than troops who are level 4 or lower will receive experience.

My character got trainer level 1 but my companion combined trainer is about 12 points and my companions are level 20+. So when I got 50 recruits, they all leveled up at the end of the first day. Next day, only about 25 troops received enough experience to level up to tier 3.

Other skills do not stack. However, combination of your character and companion skills can sort of combine. I am not fully sure on all the details but it works something like this, if your companion has surgery skill of level for example and your character got surgery of 3 than in total it should be 5+1=6 party surgey. If companion's surgery is level 7 and yours is 5, than it should be 7+2=9. You pro

#3bac_AlexanderPosted 4/17/2011 10:10:12 PM

Strange, my post above isnt the final version of what I wrote.

But I will add something

Say your companion has surgery skill of 10 than leader (your character) will add the following to total.

Skill 2-4 = bonus of 1 = total of 11

Skills 5-7 = bonus of 2 = total of 12

Skills 8-9 = bonus of 3 = total of 13

Skills 10 = bonus of 4 = total of 14

#4gruggnok(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2011 10:17:20 PM
huh, i was wondering about the training stat, it just seemed weird, and i was curious as to whether it trained my units or not. But, say you have the skill, and it gives 16 exp ever night, then you get a companion whose does the same thing, and it combines for 32, when the units get above your level, but not the companions, will you stop contributing exp?
---
I want to Begin thinking about black holes. Frequently, victims of Reptiles.
#5bac_AlexanderPosted 4/17/2011 10:54:03 PM

You will still contribute xp to soldiers who are lower level than you are while your companion will still give xp as long as he/she is higher level than other units. But if you dont have any units that are lower level than yourself than you wont contribute any xp to your party.

So say, your companion is level 15, he/she will be able to train Swadian footman who are level 14 but wont be able to train Nord Warriors who are level 24. So if you are level 12, than you wont be able to train Swadian footman but can still contribute xp to lower level soldiers such as Swadian militia.

Huscarl is level 28. Veteran warrior of Nords is level 24, its the highest level of trainable unit. So once you are level 25, you will be able to train all units (since Huscarls cant level up anymore).

So in mods such as Prophecy of Pendor where units reach to levels of 40+, you will need high level character or grind to level up your soldiers.

#6StuflamesPosted 4/19/2011 10:39:36 PM
Strange, my post above isnt the final version of what I wrote.

But I will add something

Say your companion has surgery skill of 10 than leader (your character) will add the following to total.

Skill 2-4 = bonus of 1 = total of 11

Skills 5-7 = bonus of 2 = total of 12

Skills 8-9 = bonus of 3 = total of 13

Skills 10 = bonus of 4 = total of 14

I remember reading skills cap at 10. Anyone know about this?
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#7NeoBasiliskPosted 4/20/2011 11:18:07 AM
A character's skills cap at 10, but like he said, you and your most skilled companion can combine party skills for a max effective level of 14.
---
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/2505/toonami0003by7.jpg
RIP Toonami (1997-2008)
#8gruggnok(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2011 1:08:42 PM
Can my hero allies use any of the leadership abilities? Like Leadership and Prisoner management.
---
"I want to begin Thinking about black holes. Frequently, victims of Reptiles."
#9StuflamesPosted 4/20/2011 8:13:57 PM
A character's skills cap at 10, but like he said, you and your most skilled companion can combine party skills for a max effective level of 14.

I understand that, I meant that though the skill can read as though it is higher than ten combined the effects still cap at 10?
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#10bac_AlexanderPosted 4/20/2011 9:55:43 PM

As mentioned above, max per character is 10. But with companion and leader combination in can be in total of 14. So yes, there will be a difference, with Engineering you will build faster and pay less. While with Surgery rather than having 4x10 = 40% chance to keep a soldier alive you will have 4x14 = 56% chance. Same thing with path finding and all other party skills. With tactics remember that benefit is only gained at every 2nd skill point, so you will only see benefits at 10+2 and 10+4.

Companion will not benefit from leadership skills while they are in your party. Outside of a party, when you give them vassalage, I am not sure. There are 4 leadership skills. If it does anything, the only skill that might be beneficial is Leadership. I doubt persuasion, inventory management and prisoner management add anything to yourvassalcompanion.

So I just distribute companion skill points in personal and party skills.