How to lead an attack on the walls of a town when you are not the Marshall

#1galacticninja01Posted 9/27/2011 11:29:51 AM
My character has a close relationship with the Marshall (also my character's father-in-law) and the Marshall pretty much follows what "course of action" I "suggest" to him. I am following him with many fellow Khergit lords to siege Khudan (we are at war with the Vaegirs). During the siege, I "suggested" to him that we scale the walls and attack Khudan. He said, "Aight, to the walls!" (or something like that), but to my surprise, another lord, who is also following the Marshall, is already leading the attack (not the Marshall, or me, who suggested the attack).

I tried loading a save game before I suggested to him to scale the walls, but in every save game load, after I suggest to him that we scale the walls and we go to start the attack, a different lord is already there, leading the assault. It was my idea to scale the walls, but what's up with that? Why is another, non-Marshall lord leading the assault on the walls?

Also, how do I make it so that I lead the siege, given that I have a very close relationship with the Marshall? Basically, I am aiming that the town be given to me by the King, Sanjar Khan, so I want to be the one leading the assault (more likely for the other lords to vote that the town be given to me).
#2JosieJPosted 9/29/2011 1:44:30 PM
I don't think you have any control over who actually leads the siege during a marshall action. Also, once the marshall besieges a city, you can't siege it yourself.

If you have enough friends among your fellow vassals (20+ relation), you might get awarded a town even if you haven't initiated the siege yourself. Just speak to them afterward and ask them who they think should be awarded the town and ask them to support you if they've suggested someone else. (Sometimes several villages and towns are "stacked up" in the awards queue, which is frustrating, since you'll have to wait for those to be awarded in order to garner support for your choice. This is where feasts come in handy: to gather up all the lords in one spot for awhile!)
#3galacticninja01(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 9:51:48 PM
>I don't think you have any control over who actually leads the siege during a marshall action. Also, once the marshall besieges a city, you can't siege it yourself.

You are correct. A workaround that I do, if I am not the marshal, is to ask another lord to follow you and initiate the siege yourself. That way, you will be the one credited with initiating the siege, making it more likely that the castle/town be rewarded to you.
#4JosieJPosted 10/12/2011 12:42:07 PM
galacticninja01 posted...
>I don't think you have any control over who actually leads the siege during a marshall action. Also, once the marshall besieges a city, you can't siege it yourself.

You are correct. A workaround that I do, if I am not the marshal, is to ask another lord to follow you and initiate the siege yourself. That way, you will be the one credited with initiating the siege, making it more likely that the castle/town be rewarded to you.

Yup. I'm assuming that it worked? ;^)
#5galacticninja01(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2011 7:38:08 PM
JosieJ posted...

Yup. I'm assuming that it worked? ;^)

It did! That method is very useful in early parts of the game, when you are still trying to build up renown and relationship with other lords. Although, this method is less useful to me now since I am now the marshal. =)