This game is exactly what I've been looking for, for over a decade

#11VeryFunTimes(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 1:28:27 AM
Lost interest during the Sanctums. I don't blame the game. I'll probably come back and play it again to the end sometime.
---
AIM: lostelixer
#12zinformantPosted 12/18/2012 7:21:00 AM
VeryFunTimes posted...
I wonder, having started the franchise with this game, if the others will seem too inferior or outdated. I feel like one of those kids whose first Final Fantasy was FFX (or even FFVII).

I will give the older games a chance. I did enjoy Soul Blazer, and that's severely outdated. I imagine older Ys games being similar to that.

Not at all. Ys I, perhaps, but the rest still stand...Napishtim, Felghana, and Origin are all platformers, which Seven can't claim.

VeryFunTimes posted...
Lost interest during the Sanctums. I don't blame the game. I'll probably come back and play it again to the end sometime.

Interesting. Don't hear that often...usually, that's when the game gets interesting. The dungeons up through the arrest are all pretty bland, IMO.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#13VeryFunTimes(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:49:05 AM
I'll definitely try again.
---
AIM: lostelixer
#14VeryFunTimes(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:20:58 AM
I'm thinking about getting the other PSP titles relatively soon.
---
Hey
#15JeansamaPosted 2/24/2013 4:15:20 AM
Yeah, I'm loving the more recent Ys games. So glad that someone recommended Oath in Felghana to me on Steam, since them I've been trying to beat as many as possible. Just started this one, and while I don't think it's as good as Felghana, it's still great. They all tend to have different appeal but feel similar to eachother regardless.