Okay, Exactly WHY Do The Cutscenes Take So Long To Skip?

#1NYCKing87Posted 5/30/2012 5:12:36 PM
I mean, at least for arcade mode they could've omitted them completely. After a while, it gets annoying trying to skip a scene I've seen, by this point, a million times.

Can anyone explain? Is it a technical issue? Or is it because of this game's loading style?

Still love it, though.
---
XBL G-tag - NYCKing1987
#2Frost_ManPosted 5/30/2012 5:19:28 PM
The game's loading style. They take the place of loading screens. Until the next sequence is done loading, you can't skip the cutscene.
---
Opinions aren't facts. Why is that so difficult for the world to comprehend?
It's disturbing how hostile people on the Internet are. It's unnecessary.
#3henson802Posted 5/30/2012 5:25:47 PM
How hard is this to grasp. The 'Cutscenes' or cinematics are when the next levels load.

It's a pretty complex game so it does take awhile - but if it's loaded onto the xbox360 then it should be quicker to skip the cinematics because there is less things to load if it's on hard drive. I haven't tested this myself but would think it's the case..
#4Crystal_DreamPosted 5/30/2012 5:26:14 PM
Frost_Man posted...
The game's loading style. They take the place of loading screens. Until the next sequence is done loading, you can't skip the cutscene.

This.
Doesn't explain why you can't skip intro cut-scenes considering Arcade mode loads up the level in about half the time though...
---
"I like ****ing silly *****es because I know my ***** likes it." - Kenny McCormick (South Park Season 10).
#5NYCKing87(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 5:35:56 PM
I see, that's what I figured.
---
XBL G-tag - NYCKing1987
#6Ch3wyPosted 5/30/2012 7:31:54 PM
Frost_Man posted...

This.
Doesn't explain why you can't skip intro cut-scenes considering Arcade mode loads up the level in about half the time though...

It probably takes longer to load when the game is playing a heavily detailed cutscene.
#7Dragon NexusPosted 5/31/2012 10:03:43 AM
The mid-level loading is faster because the game is dedicated to *only* loading the level.
During a cutscene, the loading is a relagated task while the cutscene is played and loaded. The game is heavily multitasking during those points.

It's a good method to keep the action fluid, but it's also bloody annoying when you have seen the cutscenes already and just want to get on with it. A method of skipping to a loading screen would have been favourable. It just means that technically Max Payne 3 has the longest loading times of any game I've ever played, with the possible exception of Morrowind.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."