Campaign Length?

#11Perfect LightPosted 4/4/2012 5:29:43 AM
Also, why the hell are we calling it campaign?

Because it's a pretty typical name for a game's single-player mode. Why WOULDN'T we call it campaign?
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
#12whiteboygenePosted 4/4/2012 9:23:13 AM(edited)
Perfect Light posted...
Because it's a pretty typical name for a game's single-player mode. Why WOULDN'T we call it campaign?

Says who, the internet? It's called story mode. All these "war games" like Call of Duty have inaccurately used the word campaign to describe their story, before then it was only used in RTS war games... y'know, the ones that actually resemble a campaign.

When I hear "The Max Payne Campaign" I can't help but think of him running for Governor or something...

Campaign = Incorrect
Story = Correct
---
Looking forward to: Max Payne 3, Dishonored, Hitman Absolution, GTA V
#13Perfect LightPosted 4/4/2012 9:30:10 AM(edited)
Says who, the internet? It's called story mode. All these "war games" like Call of Duty have inaccurately used the word campaign to describe their story, before then it was only used in RTS war games... y'know, the ones that actually resemble a campaign.

When I hear "The Max Payne Campaign" I can't help but think of him running for Governor or something...

Campaign = Incorrect
Story = Correct

Says who, you? I'm not going to argue semantics with you. "Campaign" has come to be slang for any single-player mode. It's similar to MMOs or RPGs, with players using "toon" to mean character or "reroll" to mean make a new character. They don't make sense but it's just gamer slang. I've never seen someone throw such a hissy fit over something so trivial. Get over it.
---
youtube.com/sciencebytes...learn something new
#14whiteboygenePosted 4/4/2012 9:58:26 AM
Campaign

campaign

campaign

campaign

campaign

*throws up*
---
Looking forward to: Max Payne 3, Dishonored, Hitman Absolution, GTA V
#15Wilmore99Posted 4/13/2012 2:28:29 PM
whiteboygene posted...
Perfect Light posted...

Campaign = Incorrect
Story = Correct

AMEN to that.
---
"He's a horse's ass, and he smells about the same most of the time, but I say he's good people."
#16jbut200Posted 4/14/2012 11:42:36 PM
While I wish 10-12 like the rest of you are predicting, I really don't think that will happen.

We will be looking at a 6-8 hour campaign, something similar to uncharted in my mind.

Games which tend to be carry focused and concentrated storytelling, as well as cinematically dense (and linear) gameplay segments (again, similar to uncharted) barely surpass that 6-8 window. Ok, so maybe we can stretch it from 8-10 potentially.

All my opinion obviously.
#17whiteboygenePosted 4/15/2012 2:31:43 AM
GIMME DAT campaign *****!
---
Looking forward to: Max Payne 3, Dishonored, Hitman: Absolution, GTA V