MULTIPLAYER: ".....slower paced than GTA IV & RDR........"

#1Jimm3rF3rdettePosted 4/28/2012 8:35:53 PM
what? im shocked , i thought it would be equal , if not more fast paced.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7MT2lbkRQw
#2Game Player05Posted 4/28/2012 9:20:05 PM
Well in RDR it was very easy to get spawn camped since spawns were completely random, therefor you constantly be getting shot at every second.

Maybe they fixed that?
---
Meh, new sig time.
#3giantqtipzPosted 4/28/2012 9:54:26 PM
rdr multiplayer was fun, but apparently that wasnt enough so rockstar learned from their mistakes and now max payne 3 will be more fun. funner

WINNING
#4ironyalwaysPosted 4/29/2012 3:49:43 AM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
what? im shocked , i thought it would be equal , if not more fast paced.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7MT2lbkRQw

I saw that the other day and was a bit concerned as well. But I don't think its necessarily "slower paced" in the tactical sense, like a rainbow 6 game, more like it takes a bit longer to get kills due to slow-mo LoS bullet time (but looks amazing) for instance, a comparison skirmish that involves majority of two teams

generic fps game: spawn, run out, shoot guy who shot teammate, die = 7 seconds

Max Payne 3: run out, friend ahead of you gets caught in LoSB, which in turn catches you in LoSB, along with most of your team behind you. Since its now the fastest way to get an angle, you shot dodge around the corner, catching half of the entire enemy team in LoSB, prolonging it just as it would have ended. You manage to kill a guy, but his friend now does the same to you, further prolonging LoSB. This technically short exchange has lasted a minute and a half, and earned both teams only 1-2 kills. So basically, kills per second are significantly diminished due to time dilation, but it doesn't make the experience any less action packed or engaging.
I hope.
#5Mentalpatient87Posted 4/29/2012 11:40:54 AM
I liked that RDR was slower paced. I'm sick of twitch shooters.
---
"You eat babies, everybody knows that." - John Marston
#6Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 11:44:14 AM
giantqtipz posted...
rdr multiplayer was FUN

no, no it was more of a disappointment to be honest.....i still played it a decent amount, but it definetly didn't meet my expectations.
#7Dark OnePosted 4/29/2012 12:16:31 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
giantqtipz posted...
rdr multiplayer was FUN

no, no it was more of a disappointment to be honest.....i still played it a decent amount, but it definetly didn't meet my expectations.

Well, this guy said it, guys. It must be true and factual.
---
I would only agree that a symbolic clock is as nourishing to the intellect as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man.
#8Redd_WhitePosted 4/29/2012 1:00:50 PM
Dark One posted...
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
giantqtipz posted...
rdr multiplayer was FUN

Well, this guy disagrees with the previous poster, guys. He must be wrong then.
#9PopGoesDaGlockPosted 4/29/2012 1:18:39 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
giantqtipz posted...
rdr multiplayer was FUN

Oh I see because you thought it was a disappointment means everyone else here should think so as well. Thank you for gracing this forum with your presence, oh enlightened one.
---
RIP Eyedea
#10Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 1:37:12 PM
Redd_White posted...
Dark One posted...
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
giantqtipz posted...
rdr multiplayer was FUN

Well, this guy disagrees with the previous poster, guys. He must be wrong then.

thanks, some people here don't know what an OPINION means. some liked rdr, but i was just saying that i didn't think it was so great.