Anyone notice they don't capitalize "god" in the subtitles?

#21Ext_MePosted 5/27/2012 5:53:34 PM
hatchetman187 posted...
SirLezdain posted...
SilentSoprano posted...
Ext_Me posted...
LOLfelines posted...
because god is make believe so does not need to be capitalized.
would you care if they wrote "tooth fairy" non capitalized?

Its a name, though. You don't capitalize God because he's God, you capitalize God because its a name. You DO capitalize names, don't you?

The topic isn't even about the existence of god and people still come in here with **** like this.

This is why I was afraid of making the topic. I thought it might turn into an atheist circle-jerk.

That's why you never should have made it, atheists--the insecure bunch that they are--will seize on any opportunity to denounce God and any religion. Pandora only comes out of the box, he doesn't go back in.

Dead/dying babies and children, wars, murder, etc.

Where is your almighty God to stop it all?

There is more proof of no God than proof of him.

About that argument...
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/burden-of-proof.html

Look, we really don't need to do this. Its a neverending debate because it doesn't end, and as smart as you lot are, I don't think we'll uncover anything new in a God debate, so why not just stop here before it gets ugly?
---
I play fighting games. Shooting at stuff is cool too.
GT: H1Z1 Influenza/PSN: Extermin8ted
#22Mentalpatient87Posted 5/27/2012 5:53:43 PM
Atheist here, and I think it should be capitalized, too. It's a proper noun. Like someone else said, we capitalize Zeus.
---
"You eat babies, everybody knows that." - John Marston
#23Mentalpatient87Posted 5/27/2012 6:13:41 PM
Ext_Me posted...
Look, we really don't need to do this. Its a neverending debate because it doesn't end, and as smart as you lot are, I don't think we'll uncover anything new in a God debate, so why not just stop here before it gets ugly?

This. Save it for when they're trying to pass some nutty legislation. The internet bickering is just tiring, and the last place we need a religion fight is the Max Payne board...
---
"You eat babies, everybody knows that." - John Marston
#24LOLfelinesPosted 5/27/2012 6:25:26 PM
if you believe in god you are brainwashed.
you would have to be pretty dense not to realize it all made up bologna
---
I need your clothes your boots and your motorcycle
#25tacohashiPosted 5/27/2012 6:28:50 PM
I'm an Atheist, and I don't know a lot of the details, but I'm quite certain that "God" is not the Christian god's name anyway, it's "Yaweh" isn't it?
---
XBL: Original RedBox
#26SilentSoprano(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 6:41:14 PM
tacohashi posted...
I'm an Atheist, and I don't know a lot of the details, but I'm quite certain that "God" is not the Christian god's name anyway, it's "Yaweh" isn't it?

That's the Jewish name for God. Most Christians as far as I can tell simply call him "God."
#27XxaznzaxXPosted 5/27/2012 6:43:15 PM
I don't capitalize the word god either. Much like I don't capitalize the words cat, dog, fish, tree...and they're all REAL things.
---
Godwin's NEW Law: If a conversation about video games goes on long enough, a comment concerning "Call of Duty" will eventually be made.
#28Ext_MePosted 5/27/2012 6:45:35 PM
LOLfelines posted...
if you believe in god you are brainwashed.
you would have to be pretty dense not to realize it all made up bologna

If you don't believe in god you are ignorant.
See how that works? I'm Agnostic, but I think its really stupid to bash another side over a standpoint we can't prove because *some* individuals who practice religion are manipulated/manipulative. Its like saying that all Germans are Anti-Semitic.

Like I said, we really shouldn't get into this argument, because it is a debate that has no conclusion. You can have your opinions, but I think its safer to not speak in absolutes when we have no proof that points to either side being correct.

Its common sense.
---
#29SilentSoprano(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 6:46:21 PM
XxaznzaxX posted...
I don't capitalize the word god either. Much like I don't capitalize the words cat, dog, fish, tree...and they're all REAL things.

So you don't follow the rules of basic grammar? Anytime a being's name is written, it's supposed to be capitalized. "God" is the name of said being, not the general term for his role in the universe. If it said "your god" or "a god" then it would make sense, but it doesn't in the world of Max Payne 3. Cat, dog, fish, and tree aren't specific names of creature, but are general terms used to describe them. If your dog's name is Harry, you would capitalize that, wouldn't you?
#30Ext_MePosted 5/27/2012 6:47:06 PM
XxaznzaxX posted...

Cat, dog, fish, and tree aren't NAMES, though.
What part of this aren't people getting?

Its like as soon as the word god came into play, people decided to just start acting like asses.
---
More topics from this board...
We still love you, Max!!Heazie111/20 3:04PM